Gulp Alive! Gobies

Rich

Just came into possession of a bucket of Gulp Alive! Gobies my parents grabbed for me while they were at Cabelas last week. Pretty cool lookin' things. Not that I'm sure they won't catch a ton of Erie smallies, has anyone here used them/had success with them yet? Definitely looks like a killer dropshot bait.

They work pretty good but I ptrefer Slammers instead, with the Alive being that thick it really reduces the amount of natural motion the bait has.

Had many times last yearwhen smallie on Erie would not commit to the Gulp Goby but would be trigger by a more undulating natural platic bait.

I have a package of Culprit 4" Grt Lake Gobies in front of me right now and they seem more pliable. Will be giving them a chance this weekend if this horrible weather will break.

I think after a while we can come to the conclusion that gulp doesn't need much action because fish think the bloody thing is food already.

I've had several times where I just leave the bait out and fish will grab it without any motion.

But all in all, adding action to bait is good, and the gulp gobies are great.

Edited by EC1