Christian Island

Rob

I haven't been to the area in some time, but I am just wondering if anyone has recently for the salmon. How it has been and if the launch is still there at Cedar Point? Are they still ripping people off for that mediocre launch. I would like to give it a go as it was great fishing up there, until they changed the boat launch with the rocks and I couldn't pull my boat out of the water without getting hung up on the concrete dropoff!

Thanks in advance,

Rob C

I haven't been there for two years, but they were still charging I think 10-15 to launch, and I think there were two or one large launch. I haven't launched myself so I can't give you more info than that...

Maureen

GB's correct.

Last two years at the Trout/Salmon derby has been a disaster. We're talking guys with years of experience fishing these waters and not getting any.

Two years ago, top rainbow was 2.9 pounds for 800 bucks, second was 1.9 pounds for 500 bucks and 3rd was .9 pounds for 300 bucks, if you can believe that!!! Biggest salmon caught was 8 pounds and only two others caught out of 66 boats.

Terrible.