Back Lake Camping With The Kids ~ Family Cottage Trip

solopaddler

One of your best reports Mike. Would have been even better with more pics of your wife. :thumbsup_anim:

I'm most happy this trip worked out for you. The kids seemingly managed to have perfect fun and you got some fish for yourself with friends.

Ya did a helluvalot better running those rapids than Billy did. :clapping: And the spot doesn't seem too fished out at all. You probably scared them into the deeps when ya jumped overboard to catch 'em. Haha.

Good stuff man, enjoyed this one.

One of your best reports Mike. Would have been even better with more pics of your wife. :thumbsup_anim:

I'm most happy this trip worked out for you. The kids seemingly managed to have perfect fun and you got some fish for yourself with friends.

Ya did a helluvalot better running those rapids than Billy did. :clapping: And the spot doesn't seem too fished out at all. You probably scared them into the deeps when ya jumped overboard to catch 'em. Haha.

Good stuff man, enjoyed this one.

Thanks bud, and yeah I did a little better than Billy. Wish someone would have filmed him spinning like a top crashing off the rocks LOL!

I didn't mention this in my report 'cause I had no pic's...but Dan's bro in law Richard stumbled onto a glory hole for walleye in his canoe.

You know the island with the marked campsite where I got out for a second? In and around there.

Just putzing around with worm harnesses he nailed over 30, all much larger than the ones sitting in the current.

Hope your search is going well and if you're game there's a pretty wicked brook trout trip on tap over labour day weekend. :)

Shooting for Nip myself. May see Bill on his way out. We'll fish again though... you've got an infectious sense for adventure I like.

Bought a house. Yep. Done deal. Moving this wednesday. Next stop... furniture shopping, followed by boat and ATV. Kept the Warcanoe... that oughtta turn some heads on the Ottawa River. lol.

awesome report again. you are a very rich man (not talking about money) getting to spend so much time outdoors with your family and friends at such great places. you are molding your children to be great people.

jason

Actually Chris what flashed through my mind in a milisecond was "Will Joanne kill me if I buy another $350 rod and reel?"......then I jumped. :lol:

She probably would, you done the right thing....LOL

Still have to get you up there bud...

Someday we'll get 'er done. :)

awesome report again. you are a very rich man (not talking about money) getting to spend so much time outdoors with your family and friends at such great places. you are molding your children to be great people.

jason

Thanks to all, some very kind words.

Jason you made Joanne smile after a pretty tough day today, that's a very nice thing to say, thank you.

Another excellent report Mike I always enjoy your adventures and good on you for taking all the wee ones ,It is extra work but the smiles show how it was worth it .I itching to sell my 16ft fiberglass canoe and swap it for a sportspal.I already have the Honda 2hp but it is a long shaft I am sure I could adapt.What I like about your adventures is you are all alone out there nothing but peace and quiet.

:clapping:

What a great report!! thanks for sharing, i hope the girls eye got better, Moniques swelling up like that from bug bites lately as well.

Once again thanks for the comments everyone. :)

What a great report!! thanks for sharing, i hope the girls eye got better, Moniques swelling up like that from bug bites lately as well.

I had some cortisone based cream with my and it seemed to work. By lunchtime the swelling was mostly gone.

That might just be the best fishing report I've ever read online. Thanks for sharing it. Looks like the kids had an absolute blast, and I'll bet they remember the experience (and especially that sandpiper) for the rest of their lives.

That's some pretty heady praise, thanks Craig. You're right about the sandpiper, that's all my daughter talks about.

She chases after all the birds in our backyard now trying to catch them. :)

Absoutetely amazing report. Poor kid , that bug bite looks awful, but she seems ok with it...lol...what a trooper!

What camera do you use....those shots are amazing...especially like the one with the kid on the water tube with the dark sky in the background.

Thanks for taking the time to post that.

Cheers.

Simon

Absoutetely amazing report. Poor kid , that bug bite looks awful, but she seems ok with it...lol...what a trooper!

What camera do you use....those shots are amazing...especially like the one with the kid on the water tube with the dark sky in the background.

Thanks for taking the time to post that.

Cheers.

Simon

Thanks Simon.

I'm definitely no photographer, it's just the law of averages with me that some pic's have to turn out good. :)

In any case it's an Olympus Stylus 790SW. Not a bad camera at all and the reason I bought it, it's Mike proof. (shock proof and waterproof so I can't break it)