Summit Energy-NF

ColdH20guy

Hi guys

So a while back my wife enrolled us in a private hydro company called Summit Energy that promised lower savings etc on our hydro bill. Well, we received our bill and after using less energy compared to our last bill the bill was over $100 more! After several phone conversations that went nowhere, we were told it was going to be $900 to get out of the contract..( we apparently pay 8c/kw vs 5 or 6 with Hydro one..I guess they are saying that in 5 years it will be over that with Hydro one, hence the savings down the road?)

advice?

thanks guys

Uh oh..... If I remember correctly there was a post here a while back about the same kind of thing. Possibly even the same company. People being promised lower $$$ and getting screwed with higher bills !

Hopefully you didn't get hooked up with the wrong people !

Here are some more people that kind of got screwed by the same people,

http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/foru...read.php?t=2974

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671535

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-ot...QAdIdZ127872880

maybe some of them might have an idea on how to get out of the contract or anything like that.

HOpe you get those crooks off you back!

thanks for the info guys..I read the posts..I just wish there was something we could do rather than pay the 900, wife has been in tears all day...so much for holidays starting this week :(

was wondering if we 'cancelled' our hydro service and re-connected under a family name (father)if that would get us out of it?

Edited by ColdH20guy

So a while back my wife enrolled us in a private hydro company called Summit Energy that promised lower savings etc on our hydro bill.

From what I can tell, they lived up to their part of the bargain and gave you what they said they would...lower savings.

Sorry bud, it just needed to be said. :rolleyes:

When enough people get fed up paying for a commodity or service, there's always a charitable shark out there waiting to help relieve them of their money.

Sadly, once you give these pirates your account number and the 10 day right to cancel period passes there is not much you can do.

I have some seniors who are customers and they are paying horribly inflated natural gas rates for the same reason.

Had a guy come to the door last week, wanted to help me save money on my hydro and gas bills. I told him that unless he was selling fraud insurance , to get off my property before I took the hose to him. He started to ask me questions about my gas bill and hydro bill and had the balls to ask if he could have a look at my bill... that's when I started to unravel the garden hose... he got the idea!LOL

HH

Edited by Headhunter

My girlfriend got suckered by these fast talking salesmen once. She was so proud, and then I had her read the contract and showed her what the rate we were currently paying was. She was on the phone the next morning. Too bad you waited until you got your first bill.