Natures Destruction

So here's the story. Today I wanted to spend some time with my dad and do a little fishing down at the Oshawa harbor, so we grabbed out bikes and hit the trail that runs from the Mid Town mall all the way to the lake. We were surprised with the sightings of many big beautiful trees that were knocked down because of yesterdays fast winds. There were many obstacles and challenges to get out bikes and rods through there in 1 piece but we did it. Caught only a few dink rock bass at the pier but we had a great time there. Here are a bunch of photos and a video of one of the "easy challenges"Too hard to explain all of them but here we go..ScreenHunter_01Jul121441.jpgScreenHunter_02Jul121441.jpgScreenHunter_03Jul121442.jpgScreenHunter_04Jul121442.jpgScreenHunter_05Jul121443.jpgScreenHunter_06Jul121444.jpgScreenHunter_07Jul121444.jpgScreenHunter_08Jul121444.jpgScreenHunter_09Jul121444.jpgScreenHunter_10Jul121445.jpgScreenHunter_11Jul121445.jpgScreenHunter_12Jul121446.jpgScreenHunter_13Jul121446.jpgSorry for all the pictures but I think they speak for their selves. What a disaster, those city workers have lots of work ahead of themThanks for viewing,MTBF

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

wow - awesome photos buddy!

I'm glad to see you went out and spent time with your old man! I know he's a happy man because of it dude!

thanks for the report.

Cheers,

Ryan

PS. I've got the same shorts brother! They're regulars in my weekly rotation! haha

lol, nice man. Not a bad price on the shorts either...picked up these in the blue/white, and in the brown/white. And my dad likes to keep to his self but the second I asked him he said yes...must be kinda hard on both my mom and dad to see me going in such a short time, but I'll make the best of it with them.

Thanks for the comment,

MTBF

*Edit, you do have the exact same pair, took a look in your latest report. :lol:

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

are you "allowed" to say the "G" word on this board Tambo :w00t:

Its frowned on, whats really bad is quoting it :D

PS.some big trees down there...any chance of you grabbing me a few logs?

Its frowned on, whats really bad is quoting it :D

PS.some big trees down there...any chance of you grabbing me a few logs?

Its mostly willows, you don't want them, trust me.

I'm prolly gonna spend some time removing trees from trails this week......nothing like kevlar chainsaw chaps on a hot summer day :angry:

S.

beleive it or not me and a2f were actually on that stretch of shwa yesterday as the storm hit, it all happend with in 5 min.

we got pelted with hail the size of dimes and had to dodge a couple of those trees u had pictured to get to the thomas st. parking lot lol.

Its mostly willows, you don't want them, trust me.

I'm prolly gonna spend some time removing trees from trails this week......nothing like kevlar chainsaw chaps on a hot summer day :angry:

S.

I know that feeling! I use to work in the interior of B.C tree spacing for a few years and then 4 years as a grounds man and then climber for Davey Tree in Vancouver. Nothing like lugging logs to the chipper in full kevlar attire on a hot summer day!

Ab