todays fishing!

pike slayer

Hey guys, yesterday after work we loaded my buddies camper on the back of his truck and hooked on the boat behind and we loaded the 4wheeler in the back of the truck and we headed off. we got aways back in the bush and we setup camp. there was dark clouds and thunder and lightening so we moved the bonfire and made a cheap little tarp roof thing, but most of the rain missed up and we just got off and on light rain while the sault got hit hard. the next morning we hooked the boat on the 4wheeler and the 3 of us were off to find a bass lake that we havent been to before. It wasnt hard finding but it was a good hour ride and we were glad to be there. as soon as we got in the boat my buddy casted out and hooked into a 2lb bass first cast, so we figured it would be a good day or a very bad day haha!! The lake is a tea stained colour and the bass are really dark and we call them black bass, definitely some neat looking fish. we went around the lake in the minn kota and we caught bass on just about everything in our tackle boxes. we caught around 25-30bass from 10am-3pm when the wind picked up and decided to pack her in. There is also pic of the big hog i got on a rapala dives to 6 in black/silver. all in all a good day, also theres a pics of the little guys we kept for dinner. hope you enjoy!

big_black_bass.jpeg

leechman_bass_dinner.jpeg

wolfe_lake_camp.jpeg

haha! well we fished leechman past wolfe lake and we camped out at a clearing just before the tupper/pickard turn off on the side of the road cause my buddy didnt wanna go any farther with the truck cause of fears of scratching his truck, i would have drove almost alll the way to lake with my truck but ooo well. whats the lake you were fishing the other day getting those dark bass to or is that top secret? lol

Edited by worm dangler

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

hey! the lake we were fishing doesn't actually have a name so we named it "gangbang lake", really it's more of a large pond.

i've always wanted to fish leechman! you ever fish wolf or prugh?

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

haha i'm not gonna ask how the lake got its name, your pics looked like Ess lake up inbehind lonely lake. popular dale?? hmmm i'm not exactly sure where that is. ya give leechman a go, its a ways in there and you need a 4wheeler to get to it. i've personally never fished wolfe but my buddy fished it last weekend and he only got 5 bass and the largest was around 4lbs, there is alot of bass in there and good sizes to. I've been told the lake trout fishing in there is going down hill and its not like what it use to be and you can get a 4x4truck in there if you dont mind trees scratching the side of the truck. i've never heard much of prugh. Theres also hawk lake back in there and i hear its loaded with big bass and monster lake trout.

Beauty report worm dangler :thumbsup_anim:

But if you guys want to fish with me..... just ask :lol::lol::lol: J/K

The campsite looks like paradise B) Just doesn't get any better than that!!!

Great job you guys and thanks for sharing

Leechman