Summer fishing trip

wiggler

My fishing partner and I are heading back up to the Temagami area to try our luck again this summer (Aug 17-24). We were there 2 summers ago and fished Rabbit and Hangstone. We wanted to try different lakes this year. We originally wanted to try Cross lake but have been told there is no road access other than ATV trails. I understand you can get into the lake via Temagami but that would be a long haul.

We're driving in an Escape pulling a 15ft Legend boat so we need fairly decent access.

We're wondering if there is access to Kokoko lake by vehicle and if there would be a drop for the boat.

Thanks

i access cross lake from where i stay in the south arm. island is 8 miles south of the temagami access road. (about 20 minutes). from there it takes about 25-30 minutes in your boat to access cross lake. you travel thru some good narrows and outlets that are also good for fishing. cross lake is my goto spot in the south arm, i dont know much about the north arm. i have never heard of road access anywhere other than the access rd. (and town of course). so youd be looking at maybe an hour to cross lake from there. there are numerous camping sites along the route which are fairly visible and good to navigate by. late summer can be tricky for fishing, the larger pike seem to be well hidden, and the bass are finicky. try crayfish that late, that seems to be all that is in their stomachs. if you make it to cross lake try the snake pit - i cant tell you where it is though, id be lynched. if any of my local pals know about an acces ill tell you.

Kokoko can only be accessed by water. There's Kokoko bay but Kokoko lake is a 300 m portage off the main lake

There's basically only 2 access point to the lake by car. In the town of temagami and the Lake Access Rd. which is 6 km south of the town. It's an 18km gravel road which can at times be as smooth as the 401 but most times it's a typical gravel road. The Manitou landing at the end of the road has decent parking and launches. I'm in an Expedition and pull a 17.5ft crestliner every year. Take your time and you'll have no problems on the road

You have time so try and get hold of a lake map or do some exploring on google maps to get an idea of distance and if you're not familiar with the lake defintiely order a shoal map form one of the store in town or on-line. The shoal map is a must for any venture into south arm or cross lake area