Toronto Maple Leafs Acqusitions

bassmaster4

I am unsure if anyone has posted this yet becasue i have been off the forum for a couple of weeks, anyhow i am very satisfied with the players brian burke has brought into the toronto maple leafs organization. They have landed Mike Komisarek, Francois Beauchemin, Colton Orr, Garnet Exelby, Rickard Wallin, Gustavson and i think there is a couple more. How do you think the Leafs will fair next year and what are your opinions about the job Brian Burke has done so far?

Last place in the east, possibly the whole league. Burke will do damage that will last as long as Ballard's deeds. Look down the forum for a post titled "Opinions". More Leaf talk there.

Here's an example of Burke's ineptness. That Kaberle for Kessel deal that nearly went down before draft day, was supposed to include the two teams switching first round picks as well. When word got out and everyone said it was a bad deal, Burke said that Boston misunderstood and the Leafs first round pick wasn't involved. Boston was shocked because they knew what was offered and then pulled off the table after popular opinion scared Burke. Until the Leafs get a Canadian GM that isn't from the dark ages, they won't even make the playoffs, let alone win a series.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

the leafs have a very impressive and solid d.

in net, who knows. depends on how healthy toskala is, and what kind of fight the monster can put up for the number 1...

where the leafs will hurt this year is on the front end. they have very little depth and no true #1 scorer.

i can see them POSSIBLY making the playoffs if they can trade kaberle for scoring.

on brian burke, i think he's done an okay job thus far. i don't think they've started planning the parade, but i think burke is focused on next season. give him a chance.

go sens go.

I think the only hope for the Leafs now is to bring in some fresh talent (a new Crosby if you will) because unless they start winning games no established player is going to want to play with them. Sundin left because he knew that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that he would get to hold the cup if he stayed in Toronto.

A good defense will allow the offence to play a bit more...hopefully gel, and come into their own.

The old saying " a good defence is your best offence" is so very true in Hockey.

Do they have cup worthy team...nope.

But they should make the Playoffs, afterall there team actually came on pretty decent half way through the season...

Of they can get a good start and maintain a consistent level they should do alright.

A solid goaltender is more important at this stage then offence IMO

You can "rope a dope" a team with sold defence, and young forwards....its a good start.

Sundin left because he knew that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that he would get to hold the cup if he stayed in Toronto.

What a frigg,n statement. Sundin left because he wanted more money(THOUGHT HE WAS SOMETHING).He played Vancouver like a rag doll.

Vancouver was had.LOL

Edited by misfish

Sundin left because he knew that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that he would get to hold the cup if he stayed in Toronto.

What a frigg,n statement. Sundin left because he wanted more money(THOUGHT HE WAS SOMETHING).He played Vancouver like a rag doll.

Vancouver was had.LOL

Never have truer words been spoken LOL!

Don't trade me please...I wanna finish my career in Toronto...oh by the way I want more money.

You won't pay me more?....buh bye

Mr Toronto my :asshat:

Man, Leaf fans just don't get it. Sundin's career was wasted BECAUSE he played for the Leafs. Thirteen years of crap teams in Toronto and the fans blame the only watchable player. He was only ever given one world class winger to play with that whole time, Alexander Mogilny. He was a great hockey talent that put up great numbers on his own, despite his team mates.

Here's my favourite Sundin highlight in Toronto.

They`ll still sell out every game, they got bigger and stronger but not really faster.

If you are not a fast team in today NHL you will struggle.

Not a leaf fan so i don't really care how they do, wish them best of luck tho.

I don't think hes made poor choices at all. He's brought in solid defencemen that play a very tough game. Thats been missing for years now. Remember Dmitri Yuskevich? People loved him because of his rugged play. Exelby, Komisarik and Beauchemin(whos been invited to the Team Canada tryouts) are all those type of player. Now they have 10 defencemen which gives them some leverage when it comes time to trading for a forward of some quality.

I am unsure if anyone has posted this yet becasue i have been off the forum for a couple of weeks, anyhow i am very satisfied with the players brian burke has brought into the toronto maple leafs organization. They have landed Mike Komisarek, Francois Beauchemin, Colton Orr, Garnet Exelby, Rickard Wallin, Gustavson and i think there is a couple more. How do you think the Leafs will fair next year and what are your opinions about the job Brian Burke has done so far?

Well that settles it then ...the leafs are going to win the cup again this year.... :w00t:

Well that settles it then ...the leafs are going to win the cup again this year.... :w00t:

i didnt say they were going to win the cup. the fact that they have gotten those players is an obvious improvement in their overall skill as a team atleast defensively, i just wanted to know everyones thoughts

Edited by bassmaster4

A lot of you guys are on crack. I love what Burke has done for the Leafs so far. Keep in mind, the leafs were top 10 in scoring all season last year, offense has never been their issue. They've always lacked a solid D and a good goalie. From what little areas he had to work with, he's done a lot of positives for the leafs than we havn't seen in years. We have a rock solid D right now and possibly a top goalie down the road.

This is rebuilding, it will take a few years and if you guys think a GM can just come in here and suddenly bring in an A+ team from nothing you're on crack. Get rid of Kaberle and bring in a solid forward or two to replace Antroprov/Moore's contributions and we're moving in the right direction. In the next year or two they will need to find a key player to build the organization around but I believe the pieces are starting to come together.

And no, I'm not saying they are cup contenders or even playoff bound yet. But in a couple of years I believe we will be a solid team with Burke making the decisions.

Edited by Governator

A lot of you guys are on crack. I love what Burke has done for the Leafs so far. Keep in mind, the leafs were top 10 in scoring all season last year, offense has never been their issue. They've always lacked a solid D and a good goalie. From what little areas he had to work with, he's done a lot of positives for the leafs than we havn't seen in years. We have a rock solid D right now and possibly a top goalie down the road.

This is rebuilding, it will take a few years and if you guys think a GM can just come in here and suddenly bring in an A+ team from nothing you're on crack. Get rid of Kaberle and bring in a solid forward or two to replace Antroprov/Moore's contributions and we're moving in the right direction. In the next year or two they will need to find a key player to build the organization around but I believe the pieces are starting to come together.

And no, I'm not saying they are cup contenders or even playoff bound yet. But in a couple of years I believe we will be a solid team with Burke making the decisions.

Finally someone that really knows what they are talking about.