a good end to a rough week

jasonl

Well this whole month at work has been sooooo stressful blah, blah blah, so last week I promised a guy from work that i'd take him out for some bucket mouths, considering he hooked me up with a spot for some eyes and lo and behold the damn fish were'nt biting. Everyone was saying that this honey hole was to die for and he would catch more fish than he could count but...... the buggers were no where to be found... well after a few hrs casting and only 1 fish to the boat I decided to change up to a jig and scrape the bottom well let me say the first cast produced a boot like fish and I thought for sure that this log was the unfortunate act of snagging a carp when the biggest bass I've seen this year broke water I was so glad that I had my med action rod with me instead of my usual UL. than he spit......Oh well atleast I got a witness... Now the heat was on and the excitement was in the air.. we shot aroun...d the pond hitting the deep spots with anything that would sink... an hour or so goes by and i've about given up when I spy some turtles playing in the water.. I cast over and again I hook into a boot. after a few few feet of dragging this log it decides to pull back WHAM I yank the hook as hard as I can and nearly topple out of the boat, no way was this fish lettin go.. well several minutes later here is what I bring aboard..

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2623...mp;id=672552135

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2623...mp;id=672552135

She hit on a 1/16oz yellow jig head with a yellow mister twister tail... weighed in just over 5 lbs, fish feels heavier that that by far but either way she is in the freezer waiting to be mounted on the wall

Jason ...if it matters to you or not ...i thought i should bring it to your attention ....you should check your settings in your facebook so only the pics you want to be public are ....with the two photo links you posted ...open up acess to 24 photos in total..( thats how many you have in that particular album..

Just bringing it to your attention ....

Nice Fish!!

She hit on a 1/16oz yellow jig head with a yellow mister twister tail... weighed in just over 5 lbs, fish feels heavier that that by far but either way she is in the freezer waiting to be mounted on the wall

You should have just got one made up, but nice fish either way.

Awesome! She definitely looks bigger than 5lb, but looks can be deceiving, I suppose. I caught a 7lb-er at the end of last August (largie) but my parents just kinda laughed at me when I said I wanted to get it mounted. My family ate it without me while I was at university, so I didn't even get to taste it. To boot, my friend lost the pictures...so I only have my few friends and myself who saw it....it was a beast though!