Best inline planer boards for musky ?

GbayGiant

Like Harrison said they now have bigger inline boards that guys like.

I run the Off Shore orange boards in late fall with big biats every fall I can run my 9" thumpers,10" jakes,10"beleivers, and yes double 10 blades behind them. But I am also running alot slower 3mph or less and the baits are close to the boards.

I like them better then the churchill boards as there is a clip in the back of them where my line goes through then I changed out the standard clip that was on the board for one of my small scotty clips they work great.

in the summer months and early fall I run my big boards unless Im out on my own and taking a break from casting then I might put a inline board out. But if I am trolling for the day my big boards and mast come along for the ride.

I use the small in the fall for the reason that I have the canopy up and have turned into what I call a HARD CORE PANSY MUSKY FISHERMAN!!! that means to me that I will fish in any weather no matter how could as long as the top is up LOL. I laughed at guys that had covers until I got a boat with one now I would never buy one with out it. Sorry off topic.

• 2 weeks later...

kind of late, but if youre trying to avoid the mast system, and dont have any down riggers to jerry-rig a mast system, id suggest not using the lock clips, and having some sort of stoper set up so you could pop the inline board when a fish hits (if it doesnt pop by itself) and then the stopper would avoid having the board run all the way down to the lure and youd have much less drag and be able to get the fish in quicker.

*oops didnt realize the op was 4 years ago

Edited by FishinChris