Sign in to follow this  
Silo Buster

Chapleau

Took my wife and son up Chapleau for a week and had a blast even though the weather was cool and wet.We stayed at Moose horn lodge and their lodges are top notch,clean and the view of the small lake that their on was awsome.We fished 4 different lakes that were all half hour drive from the lodge.I'll have to get the pic of a 26"eye my son caught.its on my sis inlaws cam.

He set the hook on a 41"Northern that he did awsome on.All I did for him was net the fish.Talk about a proud dad.A quick pic and we set her free.He didnt want to hold the fish for a pic,he was still in awe.

The Northern was caught on a Williams spoon.

Walleye were caught on green jigs tipped with a white twister tail and a minnow.

The majority of our eyes were found in 9fow along wind blown shore lines.

Chapleau09006.jpg

Chapleau09036.jpg

Great fish...Your son must have had a blast..What a great experience for him..Chapleau is my favourite place in the world...

Thanks for the pics

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

Wow...sounds like a great time (and a beautiful location as well)! That pike's a beauty...you've taught him well! It's too bad he didn't get a picture with the fish, but he's still young so I predict many more years and many more beautiful fish!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• chapleau, top lake

Good afternoon, am cottaging in the chapleau area late summer for a week and wondering if anyone has any experience on "top lake" fishing? Have been unable to find any maps or anything with depths or structure. I know there are pickerel in there but not sure what else or where to start. any info on this lake or any others in the Chapleau area that have solid pickerel fishing in it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time. Kenny

in General Discussion

• Chapleau Outfitters & Air Service

Has anyone been out with Chapleau Outfitters & Air Service?? I just met Lee Cole at a fishing show in Detroit and he seems like he is a good honest Dude.....My Dad and I are thinking of going with him for a week.....the price that he gave us includes all our food, boat, bait, and 2 separate fly outs to different lakes for other species....please let me know if you have any info on him and his camp...thanks!     Chrispy!

in General Discussion

• Chapleau Air Services & Lee Cole

Chapleau Air Services has been run by Lee Cole of Deerborn MI for over 30 years. He used to attend the Toronto Sportsmens show and Novi Detroit MI show. He does not respond to post mail, phone calls etc. Does anybody know of his whereabouts?? His PO box is still open, but no repliues. His camps include Cree Lake, Ridley Lake and 6-7 other fly-in locations in the Chapleau area. He also ran Sunset Cabins with his airbase, but the phone is disconnected. Even talking to locals in the Foleyet area, n

in General Discussion

• Moose Horn Lodge Chapleau

Hey all, looking for information/feedback from anyone that has tried their accommodations and lakes. Cheers, Frank  

in General Discussion

• Chapleau game preserve Fly in to Abbey Lake

Just got back a little over a week ago from our annual fly in fishing trip this year we had decided to fly into one of the worlds largest game preserves out of Chapleau Ontario after doing a lot of research on the game preserve and obtaining a lot of information from one of our OFC members Known as Mike Borger aka Solo Padler the decision was made to fly into Abbey Lake with Parks fly in fishing and outpost camps after a few phone calls and speaking with Martin and his wife Jenn owner operators

in General Discussion