Camp Jiggy Jiggy Report

TJQ

Well after the Lakair G2G, and a few days of work, it was time to take back off to camp for a few nites over the July long weekend. Camp is finally pretty much set up and except for some cleanup and organizing there's finally no work to do, except the mandatory wood cutting and trail cleaning. Things were pretty uneventful, a little rainy, and the skeeters were bad only on the first nite, so all in all it was a very relaxing trip with lots of decent fish being caught by everyone.. really I caught a few too?? We did Stop at the MacEwans Gas Station in Latchford and picked up some cheap Lucky Strike spoons which we drug around and did very well on. Fluorescent Orange works well on the Montreal River, as well as Brass/Red. The spoons were under $2 each so we picked up the whole card full!! The guy at that station really helped me out of a trailer bearing bind, so I try to stop in and gas up every chance I get!

The wildlife was out in full form.. didn't get any pictures though, but, this trip we saw 4 different species of ducks, a lynx walking along the shoreline 50 feet from the boat... that was AMAZING, 1 moose and 5 bears, two of them were very small cubs with their mothers.. very very cute!!! (for now)

Here's some pictures and a couple of videos form the trip!

This guy visited with us all week.. hes a bit fatter now than he was...

jiggyimg_0656.jpg

My serious side

jiggyimg_0659.jpg

The magic spoon!!

jiggyimg_0662.jpg

We caught lotsa these.. nice fishery there, fish of all year classes around!

jiggyimg_0665.jpg

Jaden and Muskie sharing the boat!

jiggyimg_0668.jpg

NOW FOR THE FISH PICTURES!!

jiggyimg_0669.jpg

jiggyimg_0672.jpg

jiggyimg_0674.jpg

jiggyimg_0678.jpg

Moniques got this funky cross armed pike vulcan hold she can seem to shake???

jiggyimg_0755.jpg

Avery Cleaned up with some nice topwater bass!

jiggyimg_0787.jpg

jiggyimg_0788.jpg

jiggyimg_0793.jpg

jiggyimg_0799.jpg

jiggyimg_0841.jpg

jiggyimg_0845.jpg

And of course I always get the biggest one!!!

jiggyimg_0863.jpg

Anyone know what kind of ducks these are?? they hung around the dock and were quite cute... they aren't blacks...

jiggyimg_0857.jpg

Tons of wild flowers on the shoreline as well.

jiggyimg_0734.jpg

jiggyimg_0736.jpg

Having a woodsplitter there takes alot of the work outta cordwood!! Runs really well!!

jiggyimg_0776.jpg

We did have one nice fish fry.... done up with fresh garlic and butter!! Thanks Mr. Pikie!!

jiggyimg_0831.jpg

My happy place

jiggyimg_0694.jpg

We played "Sorry" every night.. Avery won most of the time.. I think hes sneaky.. that's what I think!!

jiggyimg_0721.jpg

Ahh... the sunsets!!

jiggyimg_0711.jpg

jiggyimg_0805.jpg

jiggyimg_0807.jpg

My motto is... "Happy Wife... Happy Life!!"

jiggyimg_0785.jpg

Lasagna done on the BBQ!!

jiggyimg_0784.jpg

Now I cant wait to go back, Off to Lingham Lake this weekend for a trip with some friends, then back to work for a while then hopefully another extra long weekend very soon!!

I see the fish hold is being done very well by all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but by,,,,,,,,,,,,,

SQUISH THE FISH HOLD. LOL WHAT THE HELL YOU GOT CLINGING TO YER BONNETT??????????????? Need a big ole fly swatter for that thing.

jiggyimg_0863.jpg

No lobster tails??????????????

Great report boss.

Wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

then back to work for a while

??????

Edited by misfish

Excellent report as usual TJ. I kinda feel at home at Camp Jiggy Jiggy already!

BTW, that hold of Monique's is the famous "Cross Your Heart" hold. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for showing us the pics and telling the story. Also a tip of the ol' OFC hat for not giving away the GPS coordinates.

I see the fish hold is being done very well by all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but by,,,,,,,,,,,,,

SQUISH THE FISH HOLD. LOL WHAT THE HELL YOU GOT CLINGING TO YER BONNETT??????????????? Need a big ole fly swatter for that thing.

jiggyimg_0863.jpg

Umm holding the small ones are the problem.. it was a small one that put the hook through my finger.. now Im scared of them!!

looks nice as always, glad your getting to spend some time up their in heaven, we are heading that way on the 28th, going to tent camp the whole trip this year, for a rugged mans tour, if your in the area you guys should come on back, we are going to be going back the old rough road and stay on the island with the sand beach i think. cant wait to get there.

jason