Otonabee River Report - June 29 - July 2

Hi all, camped on the Otonabee River from June 29 - July 1. Although the weather reports looked horrible, it only rained on us for a total of 30 minutes the whole time. The rest of the time it was really nice and we even managed a sun burn on the 30th.

I went up with my brother in-law who doesn't really fish, so I didn't spend as much time on the water as I would've like, but still managed to get quite a few.

Caught a ton of small largemouth and smallmouth bass. Biggest was 2 pounds and most were in the pound range. All were caught on tubes fishing the fallen trees on the banks. Tried some evening trolling for walleye along the weed edges, but didn't get anything. The highlight of the trip for me was that I caught my first ever Musky. I was trolling an eerie deerie tipped with a minnow. The bait got hung in some weeds and as I started to reel in to check it, the fish hit. Sure got my blood pumping. I wasn't big, (I estimate 32-36 inches) but it still took line off the reel.

Anyhow, thanks to those that offered their advice for fishing the Otonabee....had a great time.

Congrats on the muskie! Now, you need another 10000 cast.

I enjoy fishing the otonabee as well as there's lots of fallen trees to cover, just wished the boat traffic isn't as bad.

Thanks for the report.