A PB!!

pike slayer

hey guys, i haven't posted a report in a bit but i have been out fishing alot. the bass opener i only got a pile of rock bass and only 6 smallies and the walleyes were on fire, we got a pile of walleyes on xraps. heres a pick of a catch of rock bass, 2 at once haha nom nom nom!

This past weekend i headed up friday night with 2 buddies to the goulais shoots up past searchmont and camped out there. Saturday we fished the shoots and never even got a bite or a follow up, so we jumped in the truck and we headed up 50km past searchmont up the whitman dam road to a speck lake that my buddy has fished before. we fished from 2:30-5:00pm and we got 3 specks. a 1lber, 1.5lber, and the amazing looking speck that i got a pic of! i never got its weight or measurements, i'm gonna say 2-2.5lbs? this is the wildest looking speck i ever got with its hook jaw and bright red belly a true beauty. I'd like to know why the belly turns red or is it always red? that definitly made my day catching it.

Then yesterday my buddy and I headed out to rock lake behind bruce mines for some walleyes. we fished from 3-7pm and we landed 12 walleye, the largest being 2.5lbs, it was tough fishing cause of the wind having like 2-3foot whitecaps, we really shouldnt have been out there with a little 12footer but ooo well we wore life jackets(i always do as you can see by the pics) and we played it cool and tooker easy. also the pic was from a couple weeks ago when i went with archie to rock.

i hope you enjoy the little report and the pics!

wild_specksoda.jpg

rock_eye.jpeg

double_catch.jpeg

Why not? I've caughten 4 pounders on the J11's.

I dont think you understood.. 2 fish on one lure, at the same time.

unless your telling me you caught 2 4 pounders on one lure :o

Edited by Shore_Lunch

I dont think you understood.. 2 fish on one lure, at the same time.

unless your telling me you caught 2 4 pounders on one lure :o

Oh, I see, the way it is worded makes it look like it says 2.5 pound smallie :rolleyes:

we got a pile of walleyes on xraps.

You just had to rub that in didnt ya Gavin? :D

The reason for the hook jaw and colours on the speck is because its filled to the teats with poison...I demand you immediatley hand it over to me for further testing :angel:

thanks for the replies guys, i dont like showing off fish to often but man i love the colours on that speck. get out there arch and catch your own, i know you can do it!! and i see ward on the map Dara, how rough of a road is it to get into? can i get a truck in there? ya lots of lakes up in there and good quality ones to.

ohh right on, ya rough is not a problem for my truck, its a dakota and it likes to go down alot of 4wheeler trails haha! lots of dents in it and still covered in mud from the weekend haha! just as long as there isnt to many bottomless mud holes. i may give it a go one of these days, got it on the "to fish list"

ohh right on, ya rough is not a problem for my truck, its a dakota and it likes to go down alot of 4wheeler trails haha! lots of dents in it and still covered in mud from the weekend haha! just as long as there isnt to many bottomless mud holes. i may give it a go one of these days, got it on the "to fish list"

Mud wholes aren't the problem, its tree stumps and not being able to keep the transfer case engaged while a giant death cloud of flies are attacking us :P .

PS- If anyone goes on a guided trip by Wormdangler, bring a jack-all and ALOT of bugdope!!!