Big, Big storm coming!

bigfish1965

There is probably close to 8 inches on the ground here already, schools have already called and they will be closed again tomorrow. All kinds of accidents on the highways, some counties have closed their roads except for emergency vehicles.

Best bet in weather like this is to log onto OFC and chill out! No travel!

Nothing here yet in Downtown Toronto. But the temps have drop considerably I can feel my finger tips turn ice cold. Just happened a few seconds ago.

But I'm glad things will be all done with Friday cause I'm heading out with fish4me for some lakers and white fish hopefully.

dsn

Started here in south-central PA this morning and we have several inches on the ground now. Just changed over to sleet and freezing rain about an hour ago. Much more to come for us - just not sure how much snow or how much of the frozen stuff. Tomorrow morning should be interesting. I hear the further north of us you go - the more snow they are go get. At least that is what they are reporting for Northern PA and into New York.

I just got home (I live on the North York/Etobicoke border) and it is certainly coming down out there! Been heavy since about 6-6:30 this evening.. I was out running errands and shtuff and got stuck in it pretty bad. A couple centimetres on the ground already and cars are having trouble stopping. I almost got hit a couple times crossing the street.

Drivers, give yourself lots of braking room before a stoplight. It's slippery out there. Don't speed, take your time. Hope most of you are inside and toasty warm right now anyway. Don't go out unless you have to.

Kinda nice with that strong wind that was blowing all night, it kept my place nearly snow free. There was no snow at all on my truck and the driveway was almost as clean. I went out an hour ago and it took me 5 minutes to get things cleaned up.

Think I'll sit back now with another coffee, and watch all the traffic jams on the morning news :thumbsup_anim:

Brought some work home yesterday, so I'll be working from here! Roads are of course a mess and GO transit reporting delays and one Lakeshore train already cancelled this morning. Not worth the hassle! Now, if I could find a nice wind sheltered place to fish....lol.

HOLY CRAP!!! I jsut woke up and the shed is half way burried my dad's car is all covered the snow is half way up to the doors!! We must of gotten over 60cm. There calling for 15-20 more for Hamilton cause of lake effect. We could see 70-80 when its all done. Biggest storm I ever seen :mellow: I wish I had a camera right about now.

Kinda nice with that strong wind that was blowing all night, it kept my place nearly snow free. There was no snow at all on my truck and the driveway was almost as clean.

I think all the snow blew in my driveway Lew.

We got lucky here in Toronto, not much snow really, no school closings etc...

IMG_0001-7.jpg

IMG_0003-4.jpg

cheers,

ehg

Still waiting for the farmer to show up and plow my drive, he uses a large articulated farm tractor with like a 12 foot blade. Couple of passes and he is done! Traffic is a mess here, parts of interstates closed due to accidents, reporting a record snowfall for Cleveland 15.7? inches in 24 hours.

On the bright side it`s on it`s way out weather radar snows it clearing in Huron and Sandusky, 50-60 miles west of Cleveland. Next Tuesday a high of 33 F! LOL summer!

mike

the storms winding down and we have a total of 20cms.. bot bad although we were expecting 40cms for the montreal region. oh well next storm we will get it good.. its so weird cuz at one point we were supposed to get 50cms.. it gives us total of 60cms on the ground to date :D