Sparrow Lake

mbac31

I was up there on Friday and Saturday...never fished the lake but had good luck in the river...caught a 42" pike trolling the river edge between the locks and Wasdell Falls 3 keeper walleye and a 21" smallie...I usually go to wasdell camp so its pretty far to ride out the river in a 9.9 but the bite was slow when casting but trolling put us on plenty quality fish...you can find Muskie, Pike, Walleye, Large and Smallmouth Bass, and all the pan fish in the lake...and it's an incredible lake to snorkell...One of my facourite spots!!

I fished a tournament there yesterday, and have another tourney there on Wed. If you want pike, try trolling husky jerks in 8-10 feet of water, if you want bass, i dont want to reveal too much as I have the tourney on Wensday, but try the numerous islands in the lake and the deeper edges in the river.

and a great tourney she was! Great day for it too. Lots of largemouth in the many weed beds around the lake...explore the lake a bit and be patient..like Steve says, unfortunately specifics are hard to give away but there are lots of varieties in the lake....

have fun