tracker targa taking on water

tomO

I was out for a bit tonight and I noticed water coming in the boat. Ran back to the ramp and trailered it. When I pulled it out waterr was draining out of the water pickup for the live well and when I pulled the drain plug of course water poured out of the hole as well as the water pickup or what ever its called the thing with the stainer on the bottom of the transom. Anyone got an ideas what may be leaking? never saw water coming out of the water pickup before. Thx.

Well the water pick up for the livewell would be where the strainer is. Water should never flow out of the strainer only in so i would think your pump or the hose from the pump to the strainer is cracked or even the pump casing has cracked

good call Henry...while your at it ...might just as well check all the waterlines back there ...if the livewell pump line is cracked ...chances are someone over looked some stuff winterizing ....

i actually even fill my bilge pump line with antifreeze

I was out for a bit tonight and I noticed water coming in the boat. Ran back to the ramp and trailered it. When I pulled it out waterr was draining out of the water pickup for the live well and when I pulled the drain plug of course water poured out of the hole as well as the water pickup or what ever its called the thing with the stainer on the bottom of the transom. Anyone got an ideas what may be leaking? never saw water coming out of the water pickup before. Thx.

Check under your boat in the livewell area and look for cracks around any demples from internal welds, i have 7 cracks in mine, different model of boat through.

Well the water pick up for the livewell would be where the strainer is. Water should never flow out of the strainer only in so i would think your pump or the hose from the pump to the strainer is cracked or even the pump casing has cracked

Yup!

Mine froze one winter and the same thing happened to me!... $25 for a new pump at Wal-Mart and the problem was solved!

ok looked to me as if the pump over heated the insert looked kinda melted and disfigured not positive. It's a mayfair pump so I'm going to have to order one I think, so I took the strainer and hose off and stuck a 3 1/4 inch bolt in the hole with big washers and big rubber washers on top of them bolted tight gonna take it out tonight and see what happens thx again.

I run a Attwood T-800 pump Tsunami Pump. They are a changeable cartridge type pump so your casing remains intact and you just change the pump itself if it goes bad. I usually use quick weather proof disconnects for the wires

Edited by Henry Nguyen

Mayfair pumps came in this tracker. They have the insertable cartridges also. Not sure how it over heated if it did in fact but I had a problem with a short in the front live well a few years ago and pulled the fuse and I use it for storage now, I may do the same with this as I never keep fish any way. The bells and whistles are nice when their workin but can be a pain.

My old fiberglass boat started taking on water for no reason a couple of years ago. Last fall, I found one of the livewell hoses had a crack in it. Since this hose is below the water line, I really suspect it to be the culprit. I am going to change it out and if I ever get the boat in the water this year, I will let you know if that was the fault! LOL

The best way to know if you have a good boat or not is to either launch without the plug in or have a leak, if you notice water coming up thru the floor drain... your boat is less than desireable. If you fish all day and only notice you took on water when you trailer the boat and take or notice the plug is out because of the huge stream of water coming fron it... you've got a good boat!

... don't ask me how I know this... but I do have a good boat!!! ;)

lol Yea I've done the plug thing before . Cept I stuck the plug in the live well drain hole by mistake. thought it went in easy after the fact. To many buds the night before.