The eyes have it

misfish

The oldest boy and myself headed out to the small lake he has been fishing the last couple of weekends and getting those walleyes.

It wasnt long before we were getting some jumbo perch just as day light was starting to arise.

g2g07027.jpg

He was staying in the clam so I just drilled myself a nice live well for the minnows.

g2g07025.jpg

The water did rise out of the holes about 8 inches.

g2g07023.jpg

Along with the jumbos was acouple of eyes to be had. One we kept,the small one went back.

I got this one on the same bait I used last year and the same slow bounce off the bottom.

g2g07024.jpg

I missed another around 10 am,nice solid thump,pull missed,or is that misfish.LOL

g2g07026.jpg

Just to add,why dont these young guys listen to us ??? ???

We all parked out on the road and walked in on the path,why ??? ??? because it was snow filled.Ah but I own a 4x4 8) 8) ahhhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,,,, the same 4x4 they got stuck leaving after the days fishing :o :'( :'( . I guess it,s just another lesson learned. ::) ::)

...Ah but I own a 4x4 8) 8) ahhhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,,,, the same 4x4 they got stuck leaving after the days fishing ..

Oh yeah.

It isn't the vehicle it is the poor saps behind the wheel.

A good driver will take care o' that little problem with a regular pick-up truck (albeit with tire chains).

I knew a buddy could drive most places on a drift covered slush laden lake (Nipissing) and we would drive past stuck 4x4's.

You just had to hang on cause, he had to keep his speed up, and then slow down fer the big drifts and odd ice upheaval. It was the expereince he had.

I used to blast past all manner of 4x4 vehicles going North on Hwy 400 in a snow covered lane, with a Ford Taurus (of all things), while these city people cautiously drove their new luxury Sport Utes, on the one dry plowed lane. The outer snow covered lane was wide open.

I passed them all, one guy tried to keep up and pass me, and after about 1/2 hour of watching him in my rear view , I let him pass, I was finally tired of the childish game, but I proved my point. ;) .

I know, many say I am a dangerous driver, but the truth is I have never, I mean never had an accident, only a couple of close calls where I avoided the stupidity of another drivers' mistakes.

I have been driving 30+ years.

And that is the truth.

I know, many say I am a dangerous driver, but the truth is I have never, I mean never had an accident, only a couple of close calls where I avoided the stupidity of another drivers' mistakes.

I have been driving 30+ years.

And that is the truth.

One is all it takes Clampet. Driving quick doesn't mean it's dangerous, but if many people you know say you are a dangerous driver - you might want to take it to heart.

Anyway, getting off topic - nice eyes misfish!

Thanks for the report Brian, looks like you are finally having some fishing fun down there.

BUT,................... what is that bright red "codpiece" in the 4th picture, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys

That be my hand towel,what did you thinkl it was................................LOL