sealing lures

Bly

During the trip to Lakair I managed to ruin 2 husky jerks (just about all the "paint" is gone) and this evening I managed to lose my last "good" one. I have no complaints as these lures were fished and hit hard, mostly pike and muskie. It was suggested that I seal new ones before fishing with them if I want them to last a bit longer. Great idea but I haven't a clue how to do this. Suggestions??

Thanks!

Edited by bly

Guest skeeter99
During the trip to Lakair I managed to ruin 2 husky jerks (just about all the "paint" is gone) and this evening I managed to lose my last "good" one. I have no complaints as these lures were fished and hit hard, mostly pike and muskie. It was suggested that I seal new ones before fishing with them if I want them to last a bit longer. Great idea but I haven't a clue how to do this. Suggestions??

Thanks!

easy to make your lures more durable

get 2 part clear epoxy from ctc or walmart mix together and to make it more thin(brushable) put a drop or 2 of varsol/thinner mix well

brush on lures and let dry (24 hour is better than the quick setting stuff)

that coating will be hard as rock

repeat 2 or three times

automotive clearcoats chip very easily when used on fishing lures trust me !! been down that road