Any you Penetangers or Midland Residents

ciceri

8c26f9a04b2c853c6da5fd7211b8.jpeg

yeah that's the one Wayne has be chasing and almost catching

Riley Lacroix hauled in a 54-inch, 44.8-pound muskie while fishing in Penetanguishene Bay on June 23. The Penetanguishene resident had cast a Red Devil spoon lure not far from Hindson Marine when the monster muskie hit. After a lengthy battle, Lacroix hauled the exhausted fish onboard by hand – going after pickerel, he hadn’t bothered bringing a net.

Edited by Terry

I work there. There are some big musky in that water. Fishing for pickeral?? with a red devil? Maybe, but my guess is that he was after pike with that lure.

They probably mean Pike when they say Pickeral, because we all know the proper name is Walleye :P

yeah that's the one Wayne has be chasing and almost catching

Riley Lacroix hauled in a 54-inch, 44.8-pound muskie while fishing in Penetanguishene Bay on June 23. The Penetanguishene resident had cast a Red Devil spoon lure not far from Hindson Marine when the monster muskie hit. After a lengthy battle, Lacroix hauled the exhausted fish onboard by hand – going after pickerel, he hadn’t bothered bringing a net.

Glen and I were on Wayne's boat the day he had that follow. That musky looked like a railroad tie. Could be the same fish.

"Red Devil spoon going after pickerel"

Classic example of someone with little clue as to fishing, catching a fish that I am still dreaming of.

Awesome fish ... that area holds some monsters for sure ... some say the next world record ... that's why the size limit was recently raised to 54" .... I wouldn't doubt it based on some of the fatties I have seen cruising around there

Too bad based on the picture ... this one (which is probably old as me - and maybe even as old as dawg) won't likely live to be that record ... hope I am wrong about that... I'd love to meet her someday

Congrats to Riley! That is a very nice fish and to hear that he caught it on a Red Devil, I am jealous.

"Red Devil spoon going after pickerel"

Classic example of someone with little clue as to fishing, catching a fish that I am still dreaming of.

Does this mean I shouldn't be using my Red Devil to catch pickerel/walleye? This is not good for me LOL

I am amazed that people don't know that a red and white daredevil can catch fish. Used it all my life and caught just about everything. It attracts more than one variety of fish and that is a fact.

If pike, musky and walleye are in the same area and you use a red and white daredevil you just might catch all three including a bass or two.

Tom

Guest gbfisher

I'm not condoning the practice with that kind of handling but it was let go and it did supposedly swim away.

Long thin fish for sure.

Edited by gbfisher

I'm not condoning the practice with that kind of handling but it was let go and it did supposedly swim away.

Long thin fish for sure.

Well, hopefully it didn't end up floating in the bay later. Wish i could have gotten out there, thursday it rained, friday was too rough, and todays too windy and rough. Oh well, saw the poker run and some sweet off shore boats.

Hopefully it calms down tonight!!!