Please help a lady out

ruthless

Hi all! For years I have been fishing for pannies around Erie Au and the St. Clair River and have good success on small rigs and live bait. Lately however I've been trying to get my dad into fishing as a father-daughter activity we can both enjoy by using floats and dew worms here in Haldimand-Norfolk, but have had little success.

Where are the best shore spots around here for panfish (perch and bluegill in particular)? I'm not looking for giants, just some action.

For the record, here is a list of places I have already tried with poor results:

Port Dover Pier, Port Maitland Pier, Waterford ponds, above and below the Caledonia dam, and Lions park in Cayuga.

On each occasion we fished later afternoon-evening with live bait. I haven't seen anyone else around catch much either, besides a flock of sheepheads at Maitland. <_<

Waterford Ponds use to be really good when I was a kid. I fished for Bass there and would

see people catch lots of sunfish and crappie.

That was 10 to 15 years ago.

I've gone back there a couple times in the last 10 years.

The spots that I use to catch 4 to 5 fish now produce 0 to 1 fish.

Southern Ontario has been hit hard over the last 20 years with people

catching and keeping their limit every single time they go fishing.

Waterford Ponds use to be really good when I was a kid. I fished for Bass there and would

see people catch lots of sunfish and crappie.

That was 10 to 15 years ago.

I've gone back there a couple times in the last 10 years.

The spots that I use to catch 4 to 5 fish now produce 0 to 1 fish.

Southern Ontario has been hit hard over the last 20 years with people

catching and keeping their limit every single time they go fishing.

I have caught a few small sunfish there before and went back to try it again with the old man for Canada Day and got nothing. I saw at least ten other people lined up on both sides of the road with the same intentions, but they didn't seem to be getting any either. That's not even counting all the guys on the water.

I know there are fish there because I saw a few nice sized ones picking bugs off the surface, but they seem to be pretty shy of anglers.

Gotta love it when a lady is "lookin for action"...wish i could help ya out but my wife wont let me ...

if your going all the way to port dover ...why not try ...port bruce....its about the right time of year to be getting the big yellows off the pier there

Edited by Twocoda