Lakair 2009 Two weeks just isnt Enough!!! Pic Heavy...

Well i was waiting all year for this trip with my uncle so we thought we would head up for two weeks instead of just a weekend !! He brought a trailer and i brought the boat Here is our little set up!

CIMG1486.jpg

CIMG1490.jpg

The Pike fishing was awesome we managed to land us some nice during our week long prefish before the rest of the OFC"ers arrived...

CIMG1495.jpg

CIMG1497.jpg

CIMG1540.jpg

IMG_0036-1.jpg

A few days later we tried our hand at some Walleye trying to build up my skill a bit we managed a couple but most of ours were in the slot so they had to go back!!

CIMG1562.jpg

CIMG1559.jpg

After fishing comes some good times!!!

IMG_0067.jpg

CIMG1485.jpg

The next week we were there Lew came up and we started to talk about Muskie!! I Have never cought a muskie and did not have a clue so Lew was nice enough to offer to teach me a thing or two so we headed out for a few days where he explained to me where i could find a nice fish if i worked really hard.... Slinging Muskie baits is really hard work compared to bass baits. But i worked really hard and learnd as much as i could.. Thanks Lew for all the great advice and the great conversation it will never be forgotten.. I have also another person to mention she puts love into all the baits she makes Joey keep up the great work on those baits there awesome ...... I dedicate my first Muskie to you guys the whole thing was such a rush i will never forget it....

IMG_0108-1.jpg

IMG_0125-1.jpg

Well because they changed the date of the OFC GTG i was able to try a little bass fishing... How could i call myself the bassmaster with no bass so heres a couple hawgs to look at!!!

IMG_0053-1.jpg

IMG_0051-1.jpg

IMG_0050-1.jpg

Im so depressed its over for another year it was great to meet all the new people and all the regulars. Kevin and Leslie you guys run a class act there keep up the great work looking forward to september hope i can get up there again cheers to everyone TJ no bones in the fish great job...... Heres a couple more pics of the festivities......

IMG_0084-1.jpg

IMG_0081-1.jpg

IMG_0150-1.jpg

IMG_0151-1.jpg

IMG_0149-1.jpg

CIMG1582.jpg

This is my Pokerface!!!!! LOL

Edited by bassmastermike

Great seeing you again Mike and allow me to add my congrats to ya on your first musky. Remember - it only takes one to get you hooked. I saw two while I was there, but neither one was hungry at the time. Great to see a couple fine friends were able to land one.

Thanks, Gurdeep. Your pictures, more than some others, made me miss you wacky crazy folks all the more. Those were great shots that surely captured the moments at hand. Congrats on that freshwater gator too, you must have filled yer drawers on that one.

Great report Mike, it was great to see you again. Congrats on the first musky, she sure was a beaut. Glad Lew's tips paid off. I think I'll whip up some more of those same colour lures for you and your uncle.

Joey

Great report Mike, it was great to see you again. Congrats on the first musky, she sure was a beaut. Glad Lew's tips paid off. I think I'll whip up some more of those same colour lures for you and your uncle.

Joey

Please do Joey!! I also have a few more Bass configurations i would like and a couple i lost i would like to replace ill pm you ....

Thanks, Gurdeep. Your pictures, more than some others, made me miss you wacky crazy folks all the more. Those were great shots that surely captured the moments at hand. Congrats on that freshwater gator too, you must have filled yer drawers on that one.

Hey Doug you and your appo juice were missed as well!!!!