Quinte info please and thank you!

charlied

Since I got the big skunk at Scugog on sat I have decided to head to Bay of Quinte solo instead on Tuesday night....I will be arriving sometime around 5pm I hope. I have a map of the lake with depths and stuff. I need some info on Bait shops in the areas of were the fish are...LOL. I won't give anyones spots away as I am going bymyself. Also if the bait ban is for not bringing bait north of 401 can I bring a few from Niagara area I got out of the niagara as it is the same body of water technically...I have some left over from fishing the lower niagara. I only have a few so I need to know where the bait shops are so I can pick up more as I will be fishing all night long. Is the bite better during the night time....heard walleye are more active at night. Pm me if you guys have to. The more info the better as all I have caught this winter is small perch ice fishing....and its getting so frustrating. Please help a frustrated ice angler!!

Hi frustrated ice angler,

Stop on by at Carra Outdoor Sports and we will be pleased to assist you. I will probably be out on the ice in the afternoon until evening and yes the walleye are also hitting at night. As for bringing up minnows I would not advise it as there is a ban on minnows that are south of the 401. We should have a good supply of minnows by Tuesday and things should be back to normal.

If you need any further assistance send me a PM and I will be pleased to help out nad hopefully get you in to something a little larger than a perch :thumbsup_anim: .

Best regards,

Sam

where abouts is carra outdoors be....address please so I can mapquest it.... I knew there was a bait ban south of 401 but just thought that bay of quinte is south of it and the same body of water I got the minnows from it would be ok, oh well...I still plan on buying minnows thou. Just thought I could cut my costs abit on minnows...felt I got ripped on Scugog...guy told me I should buy 2 dozen minnows for all day....I only used 3 minnows( yes 3 all day, lively buggers) and it cost me $10....could have bought lures for that price....LOL. And they wouldn't take the minnows back either...so I ended up giving them to a guy that came in to buy minnows!

Here is the link to a map to my store.

Carra Outdoor Sports

We charge 5.00 for a scoop of minnows and that is usually around 2 1/2 dozen for 5.00. If you only want a dozen or less we will accomodate you. We are not in the business of ripping anyone off. Check with others that have come down here nad I'm sure they will steer you in the right direction.

Best regards,

Sam

I don't think your in the business to rip off....been reading your post...you seem very honest...just had a rough Saturday on scugog and going back to that bait shop made it worse. I will check that site out and more than likely head there on tuesday....what time you open till?

Good Morning, we are usually opne until 6:00 pm on Mon. - Wed. Send me a PM if you are later and I will give you my cell phone number and we can meet up. I will with any luck be out on the ice fishing for a change, but you never know things do happen and change my intentions around. Either way give us a call and we will be able to help you.

Best regards,

Sam