Free Agency 09

Angler16

Not too many 09 FA that you you could count on to be key peices of a rebuild 3-4 years down the road. I'm sure Burke will pick up some bodies to plug holes. He's stated he will spend up to the cap but they gotta be bad for a couple more years to get more high first round picks.

I'd like to see him go after

Brad Winchester

Ales Kotalik

Johnny Oduya

be neat to see Chelios and Chris Neil in a leafs uniform for a year

Good call Fang. Love Johnny Oduya. That would be a great pickup. He's going to be a really good player a couple years down the road. Perfect timing. Chelios on the other hand, don't think so. Yikes. He's old enough to be most of their fathers. Liked him best as a hawk. Hall of famer, but he'l be out to pasture before the Leafs will need him.

Not too many 09 FA that you you could count on to be key peices of a rebuild 3-4 years down the road. I'm sure Burke will pick up some bodies to plug holes. He's stated he will spend up to the cap but they gotta be bad for a couple more years to get more high first round picks.

I'd like to see him go after

Brad Winchester

Ales Kotalik

Johnny Oduya

be neat to see Chelios and Chris Neil in a leafs uniform for a year

Oduya has already resigned with the Devils, so he is out.

I don't see the Leafs doing much aside from possibly trading Kaberle for some draft choices or positional players.

They won't do much until 2010 when they have a tonne of room under the cap to spend money. Payroll last year was 52 million, it will be 42 million this year and will go down to 15 million next year. I think Burke will wait one more year then drive the BRINKS truck to any talented, avalaible players that he wants to sign.

That means one more year of missing the playoffs. But watch out in 2010.

Dirk.....

Burke wants the Leafs to get "bigger and tougher" thats an exact quote.

Glad to see he still thinks it is 1991.

Seriously does he have a clue.

Speed and skill are what you look for in the NHL , look who was in the finals.

He WILL probably sign Bertuzzi like Jedi Angler says.

What a joke!

I could possibly see him taking a look at Komisarek if Montreal doesn't re-sign him. He fits Burke's player profile to a tee. Big, rough and tough!

just wanted to state that I called this to a Tee! Big tough guy, with Colton Orr and Garnet Exelby, Leafs just got a tad tougher!