Made some more Musky Baits

Guest mistyriver1

Guest mistyriver1

As some of you know, I have been making some musky baits since Christmas. Jeff (TEP) gave me some helpful pointers at the get together just after Christmas and with each one I learn a little something different each time. Plus I have a couple of Jeff's to follow for example . ^_^ There not as good as the teacher's but they're coming along.

I don't know if they'll catch any fish but they are sure are fun to make. Anyways here's a few pics of my creations thus far...

The two on the right I had previously posted but I cut the shafts a little shorter...

108_0799.jpg

Now some bucktails....

108_0803.jpg

A couple of variations on these guys...I went for that burnt orange/yellow combination on the first one.

108_0800.jpg

These ones I kind of like...

108_0810.jpg

108_0807.jpg

Got some more in the works...

Jim

Right -On MistR

Wait to you catch a big'in on your own lure...thats the payoff.

Exellent baits.

You may want to attempt less thread.....say, 3 wraps per hair, then head cement.......

After many baits you'll find it much easier to work with that way plus a mite easier in appearance.

I never did attend 'out2llunges', bait workshop, but know many that did and little tips as this go along way....................Jigger, now goes by the name 'northwood', also makes exellent bucktails.

Keep up the good work, your colour selection is great.

'Lil tip........

When you get within an inch of the end of your tying.........

Start planning on your finish wrap........

Generally, I'll tie at least 8 wraps towards the end and then work my finish back-up with all in all approx., 12 wraps to complete.

My first lures used probably a spool per lure...........LOL

The baits are far superior now but I get maybe almost 3 per spool...........

Keep up the good work.