Sign in to follow this  
NAW

PEI Vacation in a few weeks - Chartered fishing boats?

So my wife and I are taking a road trip to the East Coast for two weeks. I've been their once before, and still regret not going out on a chartered fishing trip while I was there.

I am in need of a little info, and was wondering if anyone here could help me out.

1. What species of fish can be caught out there? My cousins go mackerel fishing there. But it seems they're no more then glorified perch. I want a big, long fight. Any suggestions?

2. Can anyone recommend a good guide that I can contact in PEI or Halifax to take me out on the water?

Any help would be great.

I realize that I could just research this stuff on-line, but nothing beats personal experience.

Thanks,

If tuna season is open, try to get on a tuna boat, otherwise makerel is were it's at. I have family on the island, and that don't help much...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• Tips shore fishing the Niagara River?

Any tips for shore fishing the Niagara River.. fishing Bass, Pike, Walleye, Panfish, etc. I've fished Black Creek and a few other places down towards Fort Erie but never a ton of luck. 

in General Discussion

• 2842km an unforgettable week on an island, and a few tank Brookies

A few weeks back me and two good friends did a trip 5 years in the making.   We have himmed and hawwed  made excuses over the years this that and the other but we finally made it to Nipigon. Its an intimidating lake, no known charts, shoals that literaly jump out of 200 fow , not many campsites marked, water is cold as sin and a few hundred km from anywhere.  But over the years seeing a few reports here and there of the monsters that lurk we couldn't resist the urge any longer.    We l

in General Discussion

• carp fishing kawartha lakes/London area.

Hello, thanks for letting me join. I’m from England but I’m coming out to Canada, Ontario for 2 weeks in September. It’s not a fishing holiday but some fishing will definitely be happening. Has anyone got any advice on areas I should visit to try and catch a better carp as when I was out before caught lots of smaller ones so wanted to try and get one over 20lb! Also advice on what licences I need would be great. we are staying a few days in London, then travelling to the kawartha lakes area

in General Discussion

• Fishing the Yukon June 2019

We have been to the Yukon several times but Alaska was new. My wife Leslie, hurt her back on an ATV ride in to a remote lake so that stopped fishing for about a week. We only fished together 2 days of the nine days in the Yukon. She insisted I do an overnighter alone so I got an extra two days in. Climate change is messing things up...they only had four inches of snow all winter and most of that was in April. One lake was so low that most of the pike habitat was dry

in General Discussion

• Wrapping up 2 weeks on Balsam

Just thought I'd make a quick post. I usually just target pike (spinners/cranks) and I think the total is 7-8. My boat is slow so I have been hanging around Southbay and Ant Island.   Fishing has been ok but not great. I put ALOT of hours on the lake these 2 weeks and besides the 7-8 pikes I lost 4-5 including a bass. Never seen a wallaye these 2 weeks which is unusual. I can't totally be disappointed as being lazy I threw out a wallaye harness and worms and trolled back slow

in General Discussion