Bid Bad Wolf

johnnyb

I agree, for what?... is he going to eat it???

Kill what you need to eat and eat what you kill!!!

Are you kidding me? I am pretty sure when that woodcutter opens up that wolf he will find Little Red Riding hood and her grandma inside and the wolf wasn't even full yet. That is a fact!

That's just an old Myth..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No myth, predators do take live stock, i personally know farms that have lost sheep and the odd calf to bears and wolves. People in the city want you to believe that these animals prance around the bush eating berries what a bunch of crock. Why is it a waste he more than likely took a really nice pelt off this animal and who is to say he didn't use the meat. I really don't understand when fisherman bash hunting, your doing the same but instead of animals with fish. If someone was holding a trophy fish I wouldn't bash him on it. I would say wow nice catch good for you. Oh by the way, nice wolf :P

No myth, predators do take live stock, i personally know farms that have lost sheep and the odd calf to bears and wolves. People in the city want you to believe that these animals prance around the bush eating berries what a bunch of crock. Why is it a waste he more than likely took a really nice pelt off this animal and who is to say he didn't use the meat. I really don't understand when fisherman bash hunting, your doing the same but instead of animals with fish. If someone was holding a trophy fish I wouldn't bash him on it. I would say wow nice catch good for you. Oh by the way, nice wolf :P

Ive heard of catch and release........im not so sure shoot in the face and release is as successful. I would guess that if he tried to release that wolf, iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit proooooooobably aint going anywhere.

Cant you hunters just use tranquilizers, get your pic, and hang it on the fridge? B)

Not wolves but just ask some of the farmers in Milton how much livestock they lose to coyote"s. I would'nt dart a wolf unless I was in peril but coyotes are fair game and good hunting practice.

Peter

I have never owned a gun bigger then my pellet guy and dont hunt at all (well musky hunting) I say that is one huge wolf and I dont think its wrong to share the pic like was said he could have used the meat or skin even if it was for the wall.

When I lived in Sudbury we had alot of problems with Brush wolf's they would send the female into your back yard and lure out your dog then have the pack jump on them we chased one away from a friends house across lake Ramsey (winter time) it ran to bald rock and up the rock and stood there we could see others in the trees it was kinda freaky there was alot of small pets missing usually they would just find the ball of fur from where it was ripped from the leash it was on.

If the wolf or other animal is in season then go for it.

Ive heard of catch and release........im not so sure shoot in the face and release is as successful. I would guess that if he tried to release that wolf, iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit proooooooobably aint going anywhere.

Cant you hunters just use tranquilizers, get your pic, and hang it on the fridge? B)

I got it I'll stick a sharp hook through a corn cob,wait for the deer to take it. I will then set the hook through the deers mouth and upper jaw. Then I will reel it in with the attached rope,once close I will net it,then take out the hook and release. lol :lol: i don't think it is quite practical when dealing with animals :rolleyes:

Well I'm not much for the killing of top predators like musky or wolves, but if it is in season it is their right. It certainly is not a Canadian wolf..they don't get anywhere near that size. That things looks to weigh about 120 to 140 pounds.

We have programs to compensate farmers for livestock lost to wolves.

Used to to inspections for the MNR on wolf kills..very few, mostly young sheep and at the time the farmer got more for the compensation than he would have got at market....yet some of them still wanted the wolf shot... I think others left the lambs out on purpose.

Coyote kills are more common and leave a much bigger mess behind...but by and large predator attacks on livestock are extremely rare. Animals like deer, birds, mice and gophers do much more damage to farmers pockets than the canines ever could.

Rick,

I have seen quite a few wolves that would be in the 100-150lb range. I understand the tendancy to exaggerate the size, but just this spring myself and 2 others saw 2 wolves that size. We took quite a while to come up with an estimate on the size and weight, comparing it to a moose carcass they were feeding on. These wolves were not far off of a deeri n height and mass. However the pictured animal looks much fatter than many I have seen.

I suspect though it is a very large wolf in the picture, the gent holding it, as stated is not an O lineman in the NFL

i assume that this wolf was taken legally, therefore i have no problem with it. as far as the livestock predation, yes it is a fact that these animals will take a calf from a farm. to most of you that may not seem like too big of a deal, however if someone was to come and steal your paycheck once or twice a year im sure you wouldnt be to happy! :angry: to the farmer, that is exactly what that calf represents without it to sell in the fall or spring they may not be able to pay their bills or farm payments just like you may not be able to pay your electric bill or car payment.

jason