Habits of Rainbow

mpagnan

Good morning everyone,

For the past week I've been working the Bronte up and down and I've had a ton of success catching 7 - 9" rainbows. Each catch I tell myself these guys have to be growing somewhere and it's just a matter of time before I land a larger one. But, how long do they traditionally stay in the river before they return to the lake? And secondly, would there be larger resident Bows in the creek?

Thanks again for any input.

Those would be smolts that you are catching. Might wanna fish for something else if that's all you're getting into. Those are the future Lake O reproducing fish :)

How warm was the water? If it was around 70, you are doing more harm then good to those little guys.

Why not go bass fishing! lol

And if I don't have a boat?

You may be able to get the odd one off the piers but unfortunately you'll have to wait until the fall when the fish start to return to the river. It's very unlikely you'll find any larger fish hanging around this time of year.

I agree with Bill about the water temps as well. Trout are very sensitive to the warm water this time of year, especially the younger fish like you're catching.