Bass Opener Lake St. Clair!!!

Wendel

Who wants to fish for minnows when you can catch these lol

My wife caught her first Musky in over a year!

She's a little scared to touch them... can't blame her, a quick measure, photo, and release...

a 44

44.JPG

and her 49

49.JPG

Over all we went 8 for 12 for the weekend.

We were in the Ray Demers Memorial tourney. 7 fish over 50 inches were entered.

We had a great time, and can't wait to get back on the water this weekend another fun Tourney coming up!

We are planning on coming down this weekend again. I may need to stock up on woodies... especially orange belly :D

We caught the 44 on a orange belly perch Woodie, 5.75 inch

The second was taken from a Polish Perch, once again with orange on it's belly.

My wife was so Excited reeling them in... We are taking the video camera next time it was that exciting...

The Muskies Canada event should be alot of fun. The fish are eager to bite... I recommend getting in touch with outlaw or Mr. Eh if you need more information. We will be camping again at Rochester Place... we just booked our site again, I swear we should just get a trailer down there lol

Mark

Congratz on the great weekend you have paid your dues out there and its days like that that make it all better some nice looking girls you have there.

I will see you friday night and over the weekend.

If anyone is interested in coming down please feel free to join us I have posted a flyer in the announcment section here is a link.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33099

I know there have been some very big fish coming up this year and alot of fat 50+"ers in the last couple weeks I am looking forward for sure to the weekend again Congratz Wendel

We were in the Ray Demers Memorial tourney. 7 fish over 50 inches were entered.

We had a great time, and can't wait to get back on the water this weekend another fun Tourney coming up!

Great job Wendel. This just confirms that there is a great fishery here in southwestern Ont that many have not taken advantage of.

2 wks ago the Colchester walleye derby was held and again this yr 5 walleyes were brought to the scales over 30" and now 7 muskies over 50" on 1 wknd. That is awesome!!

I grew up in Midland and never experienced fishing like I have here in Windsor for the past 20 yrs. I love the scenery in cottage country but I love catching fish more.

As we speak the steelhead fishery on Lake Erie out of Wheatley and Erieau is just starting to heat up.

The only down side of the area is big water and with big water comes big waves and some uncomfortable rides but the fishing is well worth it.

DCP_0044.JPG

big_wave.jpg

Congrats Wendel and wife! Beautiful fish for sure, love the shot of the 49. Thanks for sharing your day, info and pictures. Look forward to reading the next one.

Bob, that second picture you posted reminds me why I need a bigger boat before I even think about fishing those waters :lol: