Anyone know this guy....

joonmoon

Full story to follow. Going to bed to rest up and giver again in the wee ones of Sunday.

100_0387.jpg

Ok, my better half and I hit our fav Kawartha pond Fri nite after battling brutal traffic from K-W all the way to Milton until we hit the 407, then things lightened up. Got to our destination later than planned but still had time to throw in for a few hours to watch an awesome sunset(tried to take a few pics but they didn't work) and work over a weedbed known to us to produce eyes and large perch in the past. Wouldn't ya know it as luck would have it, only one dink perch for me and she boated a little OOS smallie.

Sat was looking to be hot and unbearable heat/humidity was going to shorten the day out on the water, since we don't prefer to bake out on the water when it's like that. Hit the water with timmies in hand and headed to our spot only to find 7 other boats there first. And after watching for a few minutes I noticed no one looked to be trying for the quarry we came for. The mighty SKI. It being opener for bass they were working the area hard and as they began to disapate my confidence increased even though the weedbeds had been worked up to a froth...lol.

This was our first time out skiing this year, (had to work opener) so my anticipation and excitement were becoming painful the last few days. Sure was feeling good to get out there and chuck-a-buck again.

Now after a lone angler in a tinny moved from the very spot I was slowly inching towards to work a bucktail we snuck right in there behind him and proceeded to cast and on the fourth chuck...BANG fish on.

100_0384.jpg

Breaking water acrobatically twice and multiple short runs from boat side my newly purchased power-pro line was too much and I was able to grab her on the second attempt by hand. WHOOOO that was good, been waiting long time for that.

100_0385.jpg

Not a giant by any means but she was worthy of a photo and the tape came out to show a chunky 34".

100_0386.jpg

Not to be out done and since it was opener for Bass my better half put on a clinic and boated 4 of these beautys.

100_0388.jpg

Thanks dear for a great few days on the water. B)

Sunday my buddy Dizzidevil picked me up at home and right back to the land of shining waters we went, only this time was a visit to the Bog. Now I should know better but I opted to leave my rainsuit at home and guess what...nevermind I was cold wet and Ski-less after 8 long wet hours. Our plan was to get Dizzidevil his first Ski. I was impressed with his determination and stamina and next time out we will win. On the lighterside of things I did come home with a couple for the fry pan.

100_0390.jpg

This Bluey has joined our pet sunfish (Sunny) in the aquarium...at least for now anyway.

100_0397.jpg

100_0398.jpg

Edited by joonmoon

Nice one joonmoon. That crappie will be tasty I'm sure. Don't give up yet Dizzidevil, next time out you might get two or three musky. That's just the way it goes in musky hunting. Glad to hear you got soaked joonmoon :lol: . Didn't you learn anything from your big brother's mistakes :rolleyes: .

I know raz raz raz, I was just still so hot from the day before that I thought a little rain would feel good, thats what the weather channel was calling for...a light rain. And I had the rainsuit packed in our boat and just being lazy I decided at 11:30pm that it was time for bed not time to take off the boat cover and unlock the storage and yadda yadda yadda....I got wet instead. B)

It was a great day though! I'm lossing faith in the weathernetwork, since they did call for light rain. Although I didn't land a ski, I did learn a few trick for crappie fishing! It was very humorus watching joonmoon get soaked for I warned him about the rain. I think I almost pissed myself laughing. Anyways we will get out again for I had a blast, and finally someone that fishes with sense!LOL