nicknames

Hawg Hunter

Mine means the obsession of strictly fishing for the eyes. If somebody does convince me to fish anything else, I don't give it a full effort like I do for the eyes for some strange reason. I should change my name to "Eye_Pride" :lol:

2 roots to the 'Big Ugli'. As a teen, I had a bit of an explosive or "ugli" temper :blush: and was known by some as the ugli Finn. It stuck. Now pan forward some 20 years to father and son.

Rob was heavily into fishing. Wanted to fish tournies, and we started to make tackle. He wanted a name that would stick out, for the fishing team we were gonna be, and for the tackle we were making. I guess because he had more of my temper and other bad attributes :devil: than I realized I threw up the Ugliboys, being like father like son. Although everybody calls me Bruce, the son and I are both Robert B. So Big Ugli was a way of differentiating tween the 2 of us, and it's been a good description, of sorts :lol: , ever since.

When I was a kid growing up in Niagara I used to pester my parents to let me go fishing with my older brother down in the whirlpool in the lower Niagara. Finally at around the age of 14 they agreed. It was quite a thrill for me. When we reached the bottom of the long trail, I noticed several guys fishing in waders with fishing vests, noodle rods, hats etc. We had a spinning setup with a Canadian Tire bag with a few spoons.

My brother said "we call those guys huey graphites". I guess it's kind of like the guy that goes golfing for the 1st time with hundreds of dollars spent on NIKE clothing and gear........doesn't necessarily mean they'll score better.

When I regstered, it was the 1st thing to come to mind.

Mine means the obsession of strictly fishing for the eyes. If somebody does convince me to fish anything else, I don't give it a full effort like I do for the eyes for some strange reason. I should change my name to "Eye_Pride" :lol:

Until you catch your first salmon trolling... then you'll never look at another river/small lake eye again

I wanted to put Chet Ripley (John Candy) from The Great Outdoors Movie... but screwed up and put Uncle Buck instead...

i liked it and stuck with it...

GCD = Greencoachdog!

DSC01789.jpg

This a Greencoachdog color pattern on one of my favorite lures to throw! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

I usually start out throwing a Whitecoachdog because that color pattern has caught me the most fish, if the fish aren't biting the WCD I'll try several of my other faves... if they aren't biting those I'll tie on a GCD!

They don't bite the GCD all the time... but sometimes it's the only color they'll bite!

Until you catch your first salmon trolling... then you'll never look at another river/small lake eye again

I wanted to put Chet Ripley (John Candy) from The Great Outdoors Movie... but screwed up and put Uncle Buck instead...

i liked it and stuck with it...

When you going to go back to basics and fish like it was orignally ment to be? :lol:

When I 1st thought of fishing for Musky all I read was if you want to catch Musky fish for Bass, so I bought a few Spinnerbaits and paddle down the river, 1st Musky and biggest was caught on a 1/4 oz Spinnerbait $2.50, then I joined a Bass Club and had a pretty good year the 1st year throwing pretty much just spinnerbaits at the 1 Tourney my Non Boater new the lake pretty well & told me I should change from my White Spinnerbait hut I didn't we ended up winning the tourney & I caught big fish to boot & at the time I had about 250 of them from $2 to $20, some of the guys still give me a hard time about only throwing spnrbaits but I throw Cranks & some plastic now

Richard

PS: I know :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

dan

  /dɑn, dæn/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [dahn, dan] Show IPA

Use Dan in a Sentence

–noun Martial Arts.

a degree of expertise in karate, judo, tae kwon do, etc., usually signified by the wearing of a cloth belt of a particular color; level: a sixth-degree dan.

Dan

  /dæn/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [dan] Show IPA

–noun

1. a son of Jacob and Bilhah. Gen. 30:6.

2. one of the 12 tribes of Israel, traditionally descended from him.

3. the northernmost city of ancient Palestine.

4. a male given name, form of Daniel.

—Idiom

5. from Dan to Beersheba, from one outermost extreme or limit to the other. Judges 20:1.

Bouck Name Meaning and History

1. from bok ‘he-goat’, applied probably as a derogatory nickname.

2. occupational name for a butcher.

:dunno:

The guy(Rusty) that taught me how to fish for rainbow in the Maitland named me that...

He saw me lose my first 10-15 trout at my feet.... I just couldn;t land em..

One day, below Pipers dam.. we broke some ice and waded out about 10 feet... I hooked a monster....

Rusty was up to his waist in water when..

I got the bow to shore and it did a death roll right between my feet..

I reached down to grab and lost my footing...landing on my back in the water...BUT

I had the rainbow stuck between my two thumbs in a death grip... I flipped him onshore!

my first "landed" trout>>>

I get up and Rusty is just about pissing himself laughing...

I say: What :unsure:

He says: " Way to go...SPLASHHOPPER "

( a take off of the old Kung fu shows with David Carradiene)

The name stuck...

And since then, I have fell in the freezing cold water two more times while fishing with him! B)

In 2002 both the late GaryV and I were invited to a small gathering of OFC members at Lakeair.

CopyofGroupShot-1.jpg

TJ was in a big prospectors tent marking the names on a white board, as people arrived.

He asked "Who are you?" I said Garry, he wrote Gary, I said "NO! I'm Garry with 2R's"

He erased Gary and wrote "2R's"

Edited by garry2rs

In 2002 both the late GaryV and I were invited to a small gathering of OFC members at Lakeair.

TJ was in a big prospectors tent marking the names on a white board, as people arrived.

He asked "Who are you?" I said Garry, he wrote Gary, I said "NO! I'm Garry with 2R's"

He erased Gary and wrote "2R's"

Hahahaha...sounds like a mobster name "Garry 2R's".

My full name is James C. Archibald. My nickname since high school has been Archie. My handle on any forum is usually archie_james_c .