Northern Quebec Trouting Outing

Mike the Pike

Well folks we had a great day not too cold in the morning and not much win until after lunch.Myself my 8 year old son Ryan,My brother in Law Chris ,Kenny my (Quinte) fishing partner and Mo who works with Kenny tried ice fishing for his first time.It was great to finally get out in all we caught 23 Speckled trout and One nice Rainbow.

We went to an outfitter called Pourvoire Baroux 90 minutes north of Montreal not far from the Mont-Tremblant Ski Resort.I highly recommeend this place the outfitter took great care of us.Enough of this Bla Bla! :blahblah1::blahblah1:

Here are the pics Joey! :Gonefishing:

118137.JPG

Well the alarm went off at 4:20 but that wonderful snooze button got us to 4:46am.

118139.JPG

This is the map to let you know where we drove for 2 hours.

118140.JPG

The invention of the third row seat that folds into the floor.

Makes room for all that fishin stuff.

Are we there yet Dad?

118141.JPG

All systems go we are leaving first stop well you know.TIM HORTONS!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

118142.JPG

A little shot of ski country the sun is coming up but did you notice half the moon is out.

118143.JPG

I am still fidelling with the ice hut and Ryan lands our first trout of the day.Priceless

Back to the ice hut.

118144.JPG

2 minutes later yup another one .The ice hut is still on the ground.

118145.JPG

Going for number 3.Back to trying to get that ice hut set up!

118146.JPG

Happy Uncle chris his first trout ever.

Me I am still setting up.

118147.JPG

118148.JPG

Finally it was my turn.

118149.JPG

Kenny my fishing buddy always takes care of Lunch.No cold

Lunch for us Habitant soup and Grilled cheese sandwiches.

118151.JPG

118152.JPG

Kenny ,Ryan and me .Biteme don't you dare call me BIG BIRD!!!!!!

118153.JPG

The 2 new guys to trout

118154.JPG

The new Fin Bore no need for video demo .Clampet took care of that.

Thanks Paul.

118155.JPG

The only Rainbow of the day.

118156.JPG

118157.JPG

118158.JPG

118159.JPG

118160.JPG

118161.JPG

No horses required we have lots of horse power.

118162.JPG

118163.JPG

Oops I forgot one. eating a hot lunch in a hot place.Gerritt notice

the Black Cat it was nice and warm in there.

Well unfortuantely the day had to end my little Ryan fell asleep in the van .When we arrived at Mcdonalds the favorite kiddy food we could not wake him up.he has been sleeping since 5pm when I got home i just put him to bed he said he was too tired to eat.

I look forward to the next outing.

Mike the Pike :Gonefishing:

Mike awesome report and pics!!!! Glad to see the BlackCat is working well for you... I have no complaints about mine either thus far! heats a small in quick order, infact turns it into an oven in no time! Nice to see the little man getting into em.. always great to see the smile on a kids face when a fish is on! one question??? In the one picture with your son with the ski goggles on... their appears to be alot of down trees Logging? or natural causes?

again awesome report man... I may just have to drive my rear end up there for a little fishing adventure!

Gerritt.

Mike awesome report and pics!!!! Glad to see the BlackCat is working well for you... I have no complaints about mine either thus far! heats a small in quick order, infact turns it into an oven in no time! Nice to see the little man getting into em.. always great to see the smile on a kids face when a fish is on! one question??? In the one picture with your son with the ski goggles on... their appears to be alot of down trees Logging? or natural causes?

again awesome report man... I may just have to drive my rear end up there for a little fishing adventure!

Gerritt.

Gerritt that would be some of the damage we received during the 1998 ice storm.You will notice alot of downed and damaged trees in various areas of Quebec.Mike

Very special, mon vieux!

Some great memories were made, eh!

Those fish are a welcome break, we do not see those Speckeld Trout very often. The little devils cooperated very well. They will make a very scrumtious meal.

Interesting snow buggy there, I can imagine Santa being envious.

Well worth the trip, and awesome pictures.

WOW...way to go mike,that was a great ice fishing trip bud,and you guys all caught lots of awsome specs, :w00t: they are such a pretty color fish,so it looks like you will be having a nice fish-fry,thanks for sharing your trip with us and your pics showing everybody having a gret time.....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Carl there was not much traffic however I did see a couple of boneheads who were driving too fast do the tango with black ice and end up driving off the road.

You will like this place for ice fishing .Many times during the day the staff would drop by on there ski doo's and ask how we were doing they were willing to move us if we were not catching .Very clean and well organized place.You should enjoy it.This is one of the best Trout outfitters I have visited so far.good luck in March.

MTP. :Gonefishing: