Port Stanley Fishing

10point

Are there any boats that you can just show up to and fish? My wife is from London and we are coming up for a week in August and one of my buddies in Ohio told me that he had gone out on a big boat where they just take whoever shows up in the morning. Is there anything like that close to London or is just the charters were you need 5 or so guys?

I know you where asking about Port Stanley; but Long Point has some real good bass & perch fishing.

Kociuk Fishing charter 519-718-2637

This guy is out of Port Rowan; on Long point Bay, which is a little better then an hour from London.

Not sure if he runs a first come first serve business or not; but give him a call. If he doesn’t he’ll know who or if someone does in the area.

I’ve never been out in one of these charter/party boats with the large group of people; but we always see a few (different companies) of them out there. I can’t remember the name of the one boat; but it looks like a large converted fishing tug and there at least 20 or more people fishing off of it.

These boats usually stay in the bay (inner & outer) and fish for bass and perch.

You could also call Rotten Ronnie’s Bait and Tackle 519-586-7990; they’re very helpful people there and they’ll know who and where to call. They run a charter business as well (private charters) but I think that they are mostly rigging out at the point in the deeper waters, going for the bigger stuff.

Dan.