The best part of NASCAR? It has the shortest off-season!

fishdawg

:thumbsup_anim: The un-official start of a new season. Lotsa changes this year. A coupla new cars coming in (Toyota, COT), a new driver, new points structure...... should be interesting.

Hope that Junior & the step-monster reach a settlement..... will Jimmy repeat!?

how 'bout it y'all... any takes on whats ahead for '07?

Edited by fishdawg

this is the best time of year the ice is here NASCAR is back (even though I have been watching speed alot to keep up) just a few more days till the 500 we cant wait here.

I wil still be pulling for Harvick since Rusty has left us. One thing I found last season since Rusty left I do cheer for more drivers maybe that was a good thing for me having Rusty hang up the fire suit.

Either way me and MrsEh are pummped up for tonight.

I think the best part is when they all finally drive a road course and they show how bad of drivers they are when Ron Fellows comes done and rives a car he has limited time on and kicks all there butts!

I really don't get Nascar?????

Fox is advertising them as the worlds best drivers...too funny. The best drivers are in Rally and F-1. Rally is amazing having to adjust to different surfaces and blind hills and cows!!!!!

you got that right bucktail,fellows is one of the best road course drivers in the world,those guys are the best for sure as for nascar i hope its juniors year....or tony,those 2 are my favs,oh ya and this is the debut of toyota this year this could get real interesting in america,especially in nascar...hhhmmmmmm

Edited by fishindevil

Hey there -

Some claim F1 better etc. I can go on forever about the two - when Gilles won, there was one pass all year for the lead when he won - "that is not racing" - then he won Canadian athlete of the year and never won again - who got the award - the driver or the car??????

When Mark Martin lost a championship because one guy in the white tower took 50 points away. This took the whole point system to the dogs!!!

Nascar is great - F1 has it great momenst - kids racing there bikes around the block is great - if you like racing - then you like all racing!!! - If you have anyunderstanding of the sport of racing, then you would understand that all motor racing is great!!!

Go Junior Go !!!!

Edited by The BARE!!!

Watching it now, been waiting for NASCAR, the season off is short, but seems so long. First NASCAR season and then spring. Life is great once again. Oh yeah, it's junior's year. I like junior and Jimmie Johnson, since Johnson won last season, it's junior's turn.

Tony was up to his old tricks again last night. He was the guy that complained last year about bump drafting in the corners. "Someone is gonna get killed out there" he said. So what does he do last night? Bump drafts the 5 car in the corner to win the race. Not much of a deal was made of it because it was a meaningless race. But if this happens next weekend, look out.

I predict a Hendrick car will win next weekend. Not sure which one. They're all that good.

I noticed Tony and Jr. both had their hands at bump drafting last night, only Jr.'s results were a little more devastating.

It appeared to me that Busch's car just didn't have the speed to carry him through to the end and he was holding Tony back. As the old saying goes, Piss or get off the pot :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

Joey

I saw it too. We all saw it. What good for the goose, I guess. We'll see how Tony likes it when it happens to him next week... :rolleyes:

Mike just fixed my scanner, so I'm going to do up a special Nascar thread, from when I used to go to the races, mid-late '90's.

Here's a tease...

bSmall.jpg

Kinda neat deal, the car on the left side of the screen, is this car here...

b2Small.jpg

The first was from the RCR shop in Welcome, NC and that was the Atlanta car used on the weekend. Sadly, it was the last time Dale took the checkered flag in a Winston Cup race. The pic is from Atlanta Motor Speedway, November 2000.

He finished 2nd..... :worthy:

Anyways, there will be a ton of pics from my travels. Pics with drivers, cars, me in Dale's Taz Daytona car along with pics from The North Carolina Racing Hall of Fame, the RCR shop, the Hendrick shop & different tracks.

It's been a blast going through my old pictures. I only stopped going when I bought my first boat... ;)

It'll be fun to put together a retrospective...one more, me on 'ol DW in 2000...

me4Small.jpg

"Let's go racin', boys! BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY!!!"

I have been a race fan for many years still remember those bang and crash nights at the old Pinecrest speedway.

I have been a fan of Nascar for a long time and I am sure like most fans that are old enough can remember the first flag to flag TV broadcast of a Nascar race it was in 1979 the Daytona 500 and if memory serve the King (not Elvis)won that race, but I will tell you these days I have a hard time sitting through a race to me it just does not seem to grab me like it used to i don`t know what it is perhaps the rule changes maybe the pretty boy GQ type drivers.

I miss the days of Earnhardt,Allison,Gant,Baker,Waltrip,Wallace trading paint, my watching schedule is now down to the 2 Daytona races a couple of short track races the road course races and of course the Talladega races.

That`s a nice picture of you and D Dubya Bill tell me was that a forced smile as I know you are a big fan of the intimidator usually fans of the 3 and 17 never got along.

I am looking forward to this season. How will Mears do with Hendrick( I bet he does well) Mark Martin driving a Chevy? wow. No disrespect to the Tony fans (sorry Joey) out there but I think the guy is a psycho. Just how fast are these Toyotas gonna go? The COT car? Lots of fresh stuff. Will be hard to pick a winner this year for the pool. This will be the most interesting season for a while.

Congrats to Tony. Love him or hate him you can't deny the fact that the man's gotta a wicked racing resume. He's been a champion in just about every type of racing he's competed in.

I'm a long time Earnhardt fan.....it sometimes gets frustrating watching Junior. Junior has to get some teeth and get a little more of a 'tude going on. He don't seem as determined as the ol' man.

Watch out for the Richard Childress cars this year.

I'm a NASCAR fan too. And what's helped me enjoy the sport is the way it's covered. Lots of insightful shows on the cars and the drivers. I think NASCAR has done a tremendous job of promoting their sport. Love the way the drivers also host some of the shows. Real personalities and NASCAR let's 'em bring it out.

Which always makes me wonder why coverage of a a sport like F1 sucks as badly as it does. Race feeds are taken from which ever country is hosting the race and the commentary is done in-studio. For what so many considered the top level of racing, I find F1 race coverage almost unwatchable.