Walleye reports

Radnine

Sorry that these are a bit late.

This stringer full is from a night on Rice Lake (Thursday June 11th). They were caught mostly from drifting with yellow buck tail jigs near the tip of an island. We (seven of us) got three more the next night then lost the next two days to weather (God's way of saying "You've had enough")

P1010106.jpg

This lonely fellow was taken from Doe lake Last weekend. The bite was super slow (full of Mayflies?) but we all managed to get one or two like this so we were able to enjoy a feed. He was caught on a minnow tipped gold eye jig while trolling very slowly.

P1010145.jpg

We found them on sonar and worked them with everything but they were being pretty tight lipped.

It is a funny thing you know and goes back to JohnF's post about equipment; I've got boxes full of lures, as did everyone there, yet we didn't use anything other than jigs and worm harnesses. And so did all of the locals that we talked to (who, like us by the way, kept going back to the same spot every night and day, only to be rejected).

Jim

Very nice...I've thought many times about bringing the fly rod out for those buggy nights...haven't done it yet. Doe Lake in Katrine, or the one closer to Gravenhurst?

Doe Lake, near Katrine. Sorry, I forget that there are a bunch of them.

Jim