Post your catch

chilli

Well with the VHS topic hot the MNR has already hinted that if things are as bad as they suspect, live bait fish including all auquatic baits (leeches, crayfish, frogs etc.) may be banned within 2 years. Your live bait may be reduced to maggots, worms, crickets etc.

This thread is not a VHS thread however. With the possibility however that it may cause the discontinued use of live baits, I've started this thread for catches using artificials only. Post your pictures where you used stick/body baits, plastics, spoons, fly's etc without tipping with live bait of any kind including worms.

Now Fishmaster I know this will be a tough one to stay out of but please guys............... lets limit the replies to artificial catches only and refrain from reopening the live bait debate.......... :P get it?

I'm going to try to hit the ice tomorrow between games and I'll bring the camera. Hopefully I'll put up the first post.

Oh ya tell us what you used and if you can get it in the picture is even better B)

Dan

All fishing, ice/stream/boat etc

Just looking to see how guys make out on artificials. It may be possible that it's mandatory soon so lets see if there are any success stories out there on a regular basis.

I would however say that the ice pics will be the hardest to come by.

Prove me wrong and show us how you did it

Dan

Hello,

I fish walleye tournaments and live bait is slowly being replaced by artificial. A good example was this past summer in July when I was fishing Michigan's Upper Peninsula with Ron Seelhoff - the 2006 PWT angler of the year. Most of the anglers where catching fish with live bait and bottom bouncers and Ron was contour trolling Lead-core and small shad raps to catch the big fish.

2006-06-27_195759_Ron-Seelhoff-26_JUN-2006.jpg

-sheldon

Here are some of the beauties that I have caught on artifical lures. Using Shad Raps, worm harnesses with Berkley power worms and northport nailers have caught me some great fish! :thumbsup_anim: The Salmon was my best catch ever weighing in at 26.9 lbs and she won me the ExtremeFishergirl Contest. :w00t::thumbsup_anim:

0028.jpg

IMG]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/fishergirl72/0009.jpg[/img]

0016.jpg

0024.jpg

summerpics2006039.jpg

Edited by fishergirl72

I'm 100% artifical bait guy....

Used to fish some limited live bait, but stopped about 4-5 years ago completely.

I just enjoy the challange, and Invlovment more I guess?

Sorry no picks of the lures...they are all removed before I take any pics(I'm a bit of a stickler for getting the hooks out ASAP)

But these are all recent catches from last season, and every one was Taken on artificals.

med_gallery_338_44_16133.jpg

Little Sauble river football on an off set spinner Black white and green.

med_gallery_338_44_32995.jpg

Another decent Sauble area smallie....one of many that day dragging a black jig through Deep reeds.

med_gallery_338_44_61858.jpg

My PB 31" Sauble Steelhead on a last ditch effort...roe, flies, plastics were not cutting it this day.

So O'L faithfull came out and did the job....origional Rapala black & Silver

med_gallery_338_44_69849.jpg

Algonquin park Splake, on a Perch colored floating Rapala.

med_gallery_338_44_8973.jpg

2 Algonquin Lake trout both took a Perch colored Rapala.

med_gallery_338_44_24314.jpg

30" Bay of Quinte Pickeral on a clown color X-rap

med_gallery_338_44_457.jpg

My PB 31" x18" Quinte Pickeral on the same Clown Color X-rap

I guess its safe to say Rapala made my year a little more productive this year :thumbsup_anim: