Vehicle Loyalty

Fishnwire

I've been driving a Jeep YJ for a couple years now. I noticed shortly after I bought it that other Jeep Wrangler drivers would comonly wave (or give the two-finger peace sign) as we pass each other on the street. My Jeep is obviously modified...lift kit, big mudders, winch, bush lights, etc...so I notice that while most Jeep drivers will wave at me, guys with units that have been worked on will almost always wave. It's like we're in a club.

My question is this: Has anyone else driven a vehicle that they waved to other owners of? I have heard Toyota Prius drivers wave to each other. Also, I'm pretty sure guys on motorbikes wave, unless one guy's on a crotch-rocket and the other is on a Harely. There are usually little "rules" that come along with being in the "club." Boaters often wave, as do guys on quads if they meet up on a backroad in the middle of no where.

Can anyone add to that?

Edited by Fishnwire

YJ here. It's kind of a neighbourly thing to do. I always wave and almost always get waved AT. But I sometimes notice that owners of other vehicles wave at me too. I think some of the friendliest are Mercedes owners. When I pass one in traffic and look in my rearview I can almost always count on them waving at me...well, it's kind of a wave.

Back in the day all us sports car drivers would acknowledge the others as we passed, usually the v-sign (in the 60's and early 70's, what else?) and then I remember bikers all doing it, except for the too cool chopper leathervests who didn't deign to acknowledge anyone else unless they flew the colours. The bike salute was a little under the bars finger flick.

JF

I guess you could say I'm in a club. When other people pass by me driving a Honda Ridgeline I get the wave. I was one of the first to drive one so I've noticed it since the beginning. I'm now on my second one. I tend to not really notice any more. When ever my now ex-wife was with me she called it the ridgewave?

Back in my Volkswagon van days, it was the 'snail wave'. Kind of a modified, wiggle your two fingers, peace sign.

Man, I miss that van.

And those days.

Edited by fireball

Back in my Volkswagon van days, it was the 'snail wave'. Kind of a modified, wiggle your two fingers, peace sign.

Man, I miss that van.

And those days.

And there had to be dense whitish smoke leaking out of every opening.

JF

on my yamaha sled i notice i get a lot of waves

I have a hyundai tiburon i use for commuting and get the wave or light flash from other tib drivers, but the car is sllightly modified as well with stainless headers, cai and fuel tuner as well as a 2" ball for towing

Im with bdox. i drive a zr2 blazer, but its done up with offroad lights on the roof, roof basket, brushgaurd, mudders. always recognize fellow zr2's.

putting on a sticker on the back windshield that will say... "Official JEEP Rescue Vehicle"

I go offroading and cant get stuck, unlike some jeep guys i know, especially those YJ's!

Yep, they're called Tree Huggers, Hippies................ :D

Up here we call them Tundra Huggers!!!! :lol:

Well then, I guess I'll be waving with my highway finger :lol:

I'll be the first redneck in a suby I guess....... :P

s.

Well then, I guess I'll be waving with my highway finger :lol:

I'll be the first redneck in a suby I guess....... :P

s.

Yup, theres a subaru forum out there, and supposedly they wave when they see other subaru's :P

Edited by EC1