Sign in to follow this  
rhare

Lund Onboard charger troubleshooting

Im having some minor electric issues and was wondering if anyone else might have had the same type problem.

when I hook up my onboard charger, it tells me the batteries are full when infact they are only 1/3 full.

I have 2 batteries hooked up on a switch with an automatic charging isolator, last year I had no issues with the system.

Ive checked the batteries, Ive switched the charging isolator, checked the connections. everything seems fine.

even when I disconnect one battery, the charger still thinks the other battery is full.

should I look at the onboard charger itself? Do they pooch easy?

thanks any help appreciated

thanks thats kind of what I thought, I think I might replace it with a minn kota multi bank charger.

Get a multi meter and test battery should be 12+ and if fully charged 13.25. Plug your battery charger in and test battery should be more than 13.25, if it is your charger is working.

You can test your boat charging system the same way.

Garnet

Edited by Garnet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• 2010 Lund Rebel 1625 XL w/ 2010 60 hp Yamaha outboard

View Advert 2010 Lund Rebel 1625 XL w/ 2010 60 hp Yamaha outboard **I am selling this boat for my dad.  If you are serious and want more information, send me a PM and I will send you his number.  Boat is located in Port Perry area** Included in the package: Lowrance Hook 9 sonar/chartplotter in the back Humminbird Helix 5 sonar/chartplotter in the bow Minn Kota 70 lbs thrust 24 v trolling motor on the bow w/ on board charger (batteries less t

in Boats, Motors and Supplies

• Lund problems 😳

Joined Lund Boat Owners site on FaceBook. Lots of posts daily.  Seems there are problems with Lund boats. The fibreglass models get cracked hauls. Aluminum boats have rotten transoms. Corrosion in places.  Seems to be mainly in newer boats.   Its been an eye opener for this Lund owner  2007 Tyee 1750 🤨  

in General Discussion

• Troubleshooting bow mount trolling motor

Hey so I picked up a new to me boat on the weekend, the guy threw in a 45lb thrust motorguide bow mount trolling motor (which wasn't included in the original ad so it was a bonus) and had told me that it needed a new bearing or bushing for the shaft/prop as it was a bit rough and spun a bit rough.   So I picked up 2 new batteries yesterday from great northern battery on Parkdale, got a great deal on 2 AGM group 31's $145/piece, charged them up over last night and today and came home fr

in General Discussion

• Minn Kota Power Drive 50 - troubleshooting

My brother gave me a 50 pound Minnkota powerdrive trolling motor that does not work. Has anybody got experience fixing these? Wondering what to look for and what the typical failures are. I’d like to resurrect this thing if I can.   Thanks advance. 

in General Discussion

• 14' Lund with 15hp electric start Merc and roller trailer

14' Lund with a 15hp electric start Merc and a roller trailer. Comes with a Hummingbird 597 color HD chart-plotter/sonar combo with map card, new battery, flip down swivel seats, carpeted interior, two dry storage areas, navigation lights, safety kit, and custom cover. Link to Kijiji post with pictures https://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/peterborough/14-lund-roller-trailer-and-15hp-electric-start-merc-for-sale/1364467870?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true    

in Boats, Motors and Supplies