Sign in to follow this  
Bob Devine

Erie walleyes

Met some friends at Leamington marina at 8am and went right to the walleyes. Set lines and on the first pass we boated 22 walleyes. Many were in the 20-22" range with a number over 25 which were released. The biggest of the day was a healthy 27.5", that was CPR'd. The fishing in the are has been great for the last month and will continue most of the summer. Finding active fish on such a large body is the only issue. We ran crawler harnesses in various colours, with the clearer water the baitfish image blades were working best.

Open water downrigging out of Wheatley for steelhead is just around the corner and this makes for some high flying action. Some of that action can be seen on WFN.

Musky season is now open and the short period of casting-jigging is winding down, but the trolling season will be hitting full stride as the fish move off the spawning grounds to the open water on Lake St. Clair. The musky casting will return in Oct for those interested.

Matt_walleyes.jpg

Steelhead_1.jpg

617_musky.jpg

Edited by Bob Devine

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• Lake Erie walleye factory

Hi there! Looks like a great year for walleye fishing and Erie is one of the best places to go for them . Been lately on a few occasions my buddies and we limit by noon every single time . It didn't matter if it was wavy or still, trolling was the ticket. We had several double header, even a few triple headers... Cheers! Gino

in General Discussion

• Shore fishing Lake Erie (Wheatley area)

Hi there, Has anyone here ever tried fishing from shore on Lake Erie near Wheatley? My family rented a cottage right on the lake and I was hoping to do some fishing after my little one goes to bed. I’ve fished from shore before on big water on Lake Abitibi and had some success using just a pickerel rig. Would that be the ticket here or is there anything better to use? Am I just wasting my time?   thanks! 

in General Discussion

• Shore Fishing for Lake Erie Bass (Video)

Ventured out with a friend for some Lake Erie smallmouth bass recently. We didn't manage to get into any bigger ones but did have countless smaller bass and some huge sheepshead. Fun summer day all in all. Enjoy the video. Subscribe and share!  

in General Discussion

• Lake Erie Pickerel Heating Up

Been out on Erie 4 of the past 7 days and although the numbers aren't as good as last year, the fish we have got have been significantly bigger including two 8 pounders.

in General Discussion

• Any Eastern Lake Erie fisherman here?

It's been quite some time since I've posted on this forum. There was a time when I would check in several times a day. I made the move to self-employment a few years ago and now I have more time to fish. If my customers had their way I'd be working 7 days a week 🙂 but sometimes you have to put your foot down. I also upgraded from a 14 foot Lund to a 20-foot Tahoe. This allows me to do both pleasure boating with family and fishing. Bought it used back in 2017 and immediately had it fit with a Mot

in General Discussion