Multi-Kawartha Lake Musky Day

gone_fishin

a buddy and i decided to go musky hunting again yesterday... he wanted to go up to Balsam first and if we couldn't get anything there, then we would head back to Scugog... So i hitched up the boat and met him at his house and we were off. we get up to what he thought was Balsam... which was clearly marked on the road sign by the bridge "Mitchel Lake" LOL... but whatever... he caught a small muskie there pre-season off shore fishing for walleye. so we launched the boat and started working weedlines up the canal. i got one small one within the first 45 minutes... a small one, but a decent start to the musky season...

didn't measure it, but i figured it to be around 25 inches...

DC195.jpg

DC196.jpg

then 5 minutes later on the same weedline i get a hit and see a flash in the water and a big swirl where my bait was... didn't see that fish again...

worked further up the channel and my buddy had one follower and we spooked a 40+ inch fish that had it's back out of the water sunning itself...

at 2pm we packed the boat up and headed for Scugog.

worked some weedlines there and i had 2 hits/follows within half hour, then had another follower shortly after that was close to 40" if not just over. then my buddy hooks a nice fish...

40 inches... his new personal Best.

DC197.jpg

and the release...

DC199.jpg

so after he finally calmed down enough to fish again we worked our way around a small point and not 5 minutes later i had a huge fish follow me right to the boat (40+ inches). my buddy then had another small fish follow him right to the boat and then follow his "figure 8" without committing.

by this time we had met up with another buddy of mine who was fishing out there as well. and he had already boated 2, with 3 follows also. then he goes and catches 2 more on back to back casts... with a bonus bass just a couple casts later!!!

so now, my buddy starts running his mouth about how he is gonna beat that 40" fish before bass season... not 5 minutes later he hooks another good fish. i get the cradle out and now he has another Personal Best...

DC200.jpg

46 inches of Scugog's finest!!!

DC201.jpg

Unbelievable... LOL.

so, as time passes he starts giving it to me... saying that both of his fish could have eaten my fish from that morning... lol.

i finally hooked and landed my first scugog musky of the year to tie the day up with 2 fish a piece.

34 inches... respectable... but still lookin for the 40+ inchers...

DC202.jpg

so, my other buddy ended up with 4 muskies by himself, and our boat ended up with 2 a piece...

so, it was definitely an awesome day out there! back at it on thursday!!!

Looks like some decent fish have been coming out of the 'bog so far this year....was your buddy using anything different than you, or was he just getting lucky with everything being bigger?

we were using the exact same bait... he just had the beginner's luck going for him i guess. those were his first 2 muskies while actually targeting them!!!