Oh No !!!...Not another carp report...

Beans

Hey...bear with me...I was 0 for 4 trips so far this season until this morning...

Met up with Crappieperchhunter at Carp Point and so help me God...I just casted out and barely put my rod on it's holders when my buzzer went off!...In my haste I forgot to shut off the free spool and ended up with a massive birdsnest...fortunately the carp got loose or I would have ended up hand bombing it in...not easy with no gloves on...next one the hook pulled loose after a short battle...I know how Victor feels... :(

After that it was all hookups and landings...in total four carp a 10, 12, 15, and an 18 pounder all unhooked while still in the water at the shoreline by my buddy CPH...Thanks again pal... :blush:

Not sure how many Steve landed...four or five...of which two were mirrors but he had a way more hook-pulls or missed strikes than I did...Good times !!! :thumbsup_anim:

BTW...whoever said forgetting the camera worked real good this morning.!!!

TWO MIRROR out of 4-5fish?? Geez, why is everyone catching them but me... I would be happy if I catch only one fish that day if it's a decent sized mirror.

Glad you finally got into them Beans, one of these days I'll have to come try out your "Carp point" swim.

Great report Beans and CPH. Good to see you got into some. Don't worry too much about the lack of numbers or the string of blanks. For me this season has been one of the toughest in a very long time.

Glad you finally got into them Beans, one of these days I'll have to come try out your "Carp point" swim.

Can you say road trip? :D

Great report Beans and CPH. Good to see you got into some. Don't worry too much about the lack of numbers or the string of blanks. For me this season has been one of the toughest in a very long time.

Can you say road trip? :D

I hear "overnighter" + "hot dogs/burgers on the bbq".

Where've you been Mike? Too busy hitting on bridesmaids? Have you seen my report with Randy?

I've caught one mirror in my day and he seemed to be a great little fighter, even did a bit of a tail walk. Would you say that they do fight better or did I just catch a carp with some extra energy? always wondered.

I have only caught a little guy so I have no first-hand experience. But quite a few people do say that they fight harder.

I say, that's because they have less scales, it's like when swimmer put on a sharkskin swim suit which makes them just that much faster. :P

HAHA.

I have only caught a little guy so I have no first-hand experience. But quite a few people do say that they fight harder.

I say, that's because they have less scales, it's like when swimmer put on a sharkskin swim suit which makes them just that much faster. :P

HAHA.

Glad you finally got into some fish ;-) Way to go...

Mirrors fight differently, but the difference is in you, not the fish. If I see a mirror on the other end of the line I sure will be extra careful not to lose it (and the effort often might be counter-productive)

Victor, I bet you that all the fish you lost this year were all huge mirrors ;-)