transducer suction cup and fiberglass boat

scuro2

I'll be headed north soon to a flyin where i know the boats are fiberglass. Last time there the suction cup kept coming off. Eventually we duct taped it to the bottom of the hull and it did give us depth, but you can't get temp that way. Is there anyway of keeping a suction cup on fiberglass, or do I need to bring up c-clamp and rig something up?

Try wetting it first before sticking it on. If the boat is out of the water and drym, spit into the cup and then press it on real hard. I use to have the same problem with my tinny that you are experiencing. This tip worked for me.

If the boat is out of water and dry or if you can atleast get it out of the water for a bit where you want to stick it..

Get it good and dry and get a hard piece of plastic or aluminum, something smooth that will hold a suction..

Have it a little larger then the suction cup, and get some 3-m double sided tape, and dry the hull well and even clean it

with some rubbing alcohol, and stick the base with the tape to the boat, and hold presure for about 30 seconds. and you should

be good to go, stick on your suction cup and away you go.

Bascially same thing is the flat plastic disc that comes with GPS's so you can stick it to your dash and stick the suction cup to it..

So if you can find one of those discs they come loaded with the tape and your good to go.. Just don't expect to remove the disc later lol.

You can but will have to replace the tape.