Mini Report....Pike and Walleyes

TDunn

Hey guys,

Hit up my favorite pike lake the other day for a late afternoon/ evening fish east of Sault Ste. Marie. Not a sole on the lake like usual and we landed quiet a few fish. The pike were taken on large Williams Woblers, #14 Husky Jerks and the very long and slender FL #18 (floating) Rapalas. Fish were very healthy looking as they usually are from this lake...

6.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

The best fish of the day.......

13.jpg

14.jpg

We have also been targeting walleyes the past few days pretty heavily.

Fished hard and looked for big fish in 12-18 feet of water.

Generally the fish that have been landed are coming in around the 21-23" range.

Looking for the most part like this...

2-1.jpg

Until this hog hit......

8.jpg

5.jpg

Love to see these hogs swim away.........

Also have been putting a licking on the Spring Kings out in Superior.....but I dont have any pics so i wont get into that.....

Take care,

TDunn

Solid fish guys.

Thanks for sharing!

How big is that last walter....8/9lbs?

27.50 inches...no weight taken....never took a girth measurement either.....It was taken from the st marys, so im sure you know how chunky those fish are... id give it a healthy 8 on the scale....

TDunn

Would you mind sharing the lake info with us, you can PM if you prefer. I just bought a 16 ft boat for the kids and me to go up there. I have been fishing out of Chapleau area for years, and took my sons up last year for first time, and they loved it. I am looking for good lakes for pike and walleye around the areas from Saulte st. marie to Chapleau. Any help would be great, and if they have camping sites available would be great to know.

Just getting expensive going up and renting everything up there with two extra to pay for!

Thanks in advance.

Anyone else have any suggestions, i would much appreciate. I know there are lakes everywhere up that way, but ones that you can get a 16 foot boat in and catch more than a few fish, the ones you show here are awesome!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i've been dreaming about the downtown eyes for the last week...

gonna try and get out for a few nights next week...long live the clown xrap