Anyone fish lakes in PALGRAVE, ONTARIO area? (Just north of BOLTON, ONT)

rbaquial

Just wondering if anyone's ever fished any of THESE 2 lakes in PALGRAVE, ON.

Was just wondering what fish can be expected to catch out of there... I'm heading up to my future In-Law's place... They live about 20min out...

Also... Gibson Lake to the EAST... Anyone know if you can fish from shore there? (I know the smaller lake to the WEST has fishing spots from shore)

Any input would be much appreciated...

Thanks in Advance,

RoB

Edited by A2F

The lake on the west has some catfish...at least it did about 10 years ago. I only caught small ones when I fished it a few times back then although I am sure some of them have grown since then.

I remember at times the water had these floating chunks of something that looked like a sewer had backed up into it. It looked gross at times.

Good luck.

Lots of the little lakes in that area hold some decent bass fishing.I remember years back,well many years back,a farmer had three large ponds which he would hold a friendly derby.Lots of bass.Like fisher said,lots of catfish.

I grew up near there....but that was admittedly a LONG time ago. Largemouth bass and bullheads in the pond-lake to the northeast of there, just south the railroad tracks, just off 8th line (not sure what its called now....your parent-in-laws will know). Nothing big or worth a lot of trouble though.

no fish i that pond or as stated small catfish although it gets choked up with weeds & scum in the summer, and i don't think anything but the catfish can survive... go to Glen Haffy it is nearby on airport raod - lot's of trout there to catch.. worms and corn work great!