Bon Echo camping/fishing...

siwash

Hey folks,

I will be up there this weekend camping for two nights. I will have a canoe. I hear the narrows are pretty good in the early morn and eve. We will be camping at the main Mazinaw campground (Sawmill).

I don't plan on doing any hardcore fishing but I figure I'll squeeze in 5-7 hours in the AM and maybe a bit of PM too. Should I concentrate on those narrows, which are conveniently close to where we're camping? Is the another location to key in on? It's such a big lake (especially in a canoe)..

I should mention that I will focus on walleye and pike... maybe lakers too as I do have the gear to troll with..

Thanks very much in advance!

:)

hey , ya deffenetly hit up the narrows in the evening as the suns going down for some walleye using sumthing like a husky jerk has worked well for me in the past...

as for pike i normaly throw a spoon across the opening of bays etc .. thats where i find most .. but never really went all out for them

let us know how you did ,

I used to live just up the road from there (Skootamata Lake road..) its just south of the campground.. and try and visit it every year.

thanks... i'd imagine that i will inadvertently hook into spawning smallies at those narrows... looks rocky from the pics.. guess it'd be hard to avoid that

i will post a report and hopefully a pic of a fish or two!!