Sign in to follow this  
Angler16

Nipissing?

Hey all,

Just wondering if any one fished the south part of Nip in the last little while , if so whats workin right now heading up there in a couple weeks.

thanks L.A

I believe this report was from the south. http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33067

The pics speak for themselves.

Ya, what he said. :lol:

My Uncle's place is just a little east of south bay. In a couple of weeks things will change quite a bit. The smallmouth are great in south bay, lots of shoals.

Just got back from the area and hope to post a report soon. My group was very surprised to see a lack of boats between Thursday and Sunday until we made the trek over to the opposite side of Callander Bay (just south of North Bay) on our last night and saw upwards of 50-60 boats.

We did well on white 1/4oz jigheads with a stinger hook and nightcrawler. If you have an ultralight setup, I suggest you bring it as they were biting lightly. The colours that worked for us may not be what works for you. Their preferences change often but we've had more success with lighter colours.

Oh yeah, the mayfly hatch has begun which can make fishing more challanging. Use the search function and you will find relevant info.

Good Luck.

HG

Edited by huey graphite

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this