just got a job offer!

pike slayer

CaptainCanuck.jpg

Just to Prove a Point Big Boy. Watch who you Mock. You should hope that if you have a son, you should be proud that he gives to his Country. I hope you at least instill some attributes in him like Honor and Integrity as well as Sense of Duty.

Each medal ( Including the one with the 2/Tours) to me is a Sacrifice that I did for at least Six months away from my wife and kids if you think doing it for your country is to Candy AAss a thing to do

PB090051.jpg

I am taking the fuses out of a TMA 3 Antitank mine. They have 3 fuses as you can see. If one doesn't work, surly the others will.

img016.jpg

All these mines which I helped unbury and Pile as well as rig to explode, will no longer hurt anyone including innocent kids.

img019.jpg

This is the fun part as long as nothing has happened up to this point. Its to rig them up with C4 to blast them so No Croat or Bosnian or Serbian will ever use them again.

img020.jpg

We called our selves the Lost Boys. As no one in Canada had a clue that we were in Iraq Clearing Mines and unexploded Ordnance. These guys are my section of young Canadian Kids that would spit on you if you ever mocked what they did or that they were serving their Country. I'm the guy with the shirt on. We are all Combat Soldiers. The Hardest physically and mentally job in the Military. Everything we do is dangerous. We Clear Mines Booby traps, IEDs, Build and explode Roads, Bridges, Buildings etc etc

img015.jpg

And a cool story I had posted way back. The RCMP were approached in Serbia claiming to be a sister of a Canadian Combat Engineer World War 2 vet. This guy fought for Canada during the 2nd war and decided to stay and fight for his motherland Yugoslavia. she wanted to know if he was entitled to anything. My RSM Contacted the legion and sure enough the found his records and here we are pinning Canadian War medals owing to him. We did this under the Guise as doing humanitarian work to get into the Serb side. On Remembrance day we invited him to our camp to see the ceremony on the Croat side. He Spoke absolutely no English. is that cool or what

img023.jpg

...basically it boils down to this..Boss's are just that a Boss..he treats his employees harsh ..alot do but survival mode kicks in and like a kick in the nuts ..extra money for a Sunday Morning Drive is worth It !!!!

Edited by FishinLunatic69

So i showed up this morning and the boss didn't say to much and basically just told me to go along with one of his guys. we are building this kind of gazebo and they had already put 6x6s in the ground then we had to put 6x6s around it and fill it with sand dust or whatever you call the stuff that you put under brick. the guy is like wanna cut the 6x6 and i was like sureee, i go to the truck get the circular saw and hes like no no no use the chainsaw and i was like oooooo k and hacked it to length. then from 9am-2pm i basically watched him level one 6x6 which sits on the ground between 2 posts haha what a joke! i kept giving him tips and asking if i could help and he kept shrugging me off and kept complaining saying theres something wrong with this level but with a lot more swearing in there. So far this place seems to be a real bush league. Last night i got an email from a plumbing company in town asking me if i wanted to renovate the new office and i emailed him back seeing if after theres a good chance of getting permanent work from him because hes mainly plumbing but he does full bathroom renovations and he has a couple carpenters on his crew. when i got home from work today he said if i do a good job on the reno theres a very good chance of permanent job and they hes looking into getting some kinda wage subcities. so i hope to hear back from him soon. i talked to him about work last year but fell through and he has a very good reputation and i had a good little poop chat with him and hes huge into fishing like i am so like come on he has to be a good guy. It seems like its feast or famine for work, theres a dry spell for a while now i have options geeeez!!

I was working at a craphole place for comission selling gas fireplaces. A guy I had done some drafting for a while ago calls and says. I gotta go away for a month, wanna look after the place while I'm gone. Its a welding shop. I said, sure, whats it pay. He says, what do you want. I told him and he said OK. After the month I says, how can I keep this job. He said, find enough work to keep you busy. I started bidding jobs that came up, worked part time for a month, picked up a couple jobs. Next month will be 14 years there.

So i showed up this morning and the boss didn't say to much and basically just told me to go along with one of his guys. we are building this kind of gazebo and they had already put 6x6s in the ground then we had to put 6x6s around it and fill it with sand dust or whatever you call the stuff that you put under brick. the guy is like wanna cut the 6x6 and i was like sureee, i go to the truck get the circular saw and hes like no no no use the chainsaw and i was like oooooo k and hacked it to length. then from 9am-2pm i basically watched him level one 6x6 which sits on the ground between 2 posts haha what a joke! i kept giving him tips and asking if i could help and he kept shrugging me off and kept complaining saying theres something wrong with this level but with a lot more swearing in there. So far this place seems to be a real bush league. Last night i got an email from a plumbing company in town asking me if i wanted to renovate the new office and i emailed him back seeing if after theres a good chance of getting permanent work from him because hes mainly plumbing but he does full bathroom renovations and he has a couple carpenters on his crew. when i got home from work today he said if i do a good job on the reno theres a very good chance of permanent job and they hes looking into getting some kinda wage subcities. so i hope to hear back from him soon. i talked to him about work last year but fell through and he has a very good reputation and i had a good little poop chat with him and hes huge into fishing like i am so like come on he has to be a good guy. It seems like its feast or famine for work, theres a dry spell for a while now i have options geeeez!!

See.....Isn't it better than Watching Soap Operas and collecting Po-guy. AKA Social Assistance, formally unemployment benefit, currently called Employment Insurance. Basically getting paid doing nothing.

he has a couple carpenters on his crew. when i got home from work today he said if i do a good job on the reno theres a very good chance of permanent job and they hes looking into getting some kinda wage subcities. so i hope to hear back from him soon.

Great! :D Hope this works out well. Now remember...when that plumber is bent down repairing a kitchen sink drain remember to walk over and kiss his plumbers crack. Sorry, just trying to find a humourous way to say kiss this guy's butt and stay on his good side. Dump the job on the butcher's crew at your first opportunity.

that's great holdfast, really is. you've done the world a great service and thanks for that

you gotta realize however, there's more than one way to club a seal. what's right for you may not be what's right for me. there's no shame with being on EI in times of need - we've all payed into it and it's designed to be a safety net. imposing your morals/ideals makes you no different than some of the dictatorships we've been fighting against. honor, integrity, sense of duty to oneself and family are all important virtues but one doesn't need the armed forces for that.

that's great holdfast, really is. you've done the world a great service and thanks for that

you gotta realize however, there's more than one way to club a seal. what's right for you may not be what's right for me. there's no shame with being on EI in times of need - we've all payed into it and it's designed to be a safety net. imposing your morals/ideals makes you no different than some of the dictatorships we've been fighting against. honor, integrity, sense of duty to oneself and family are all important virtues but one doesn't need the armed forces for that.

Excellent response Raf :clapping:

I havent posted in almost a month but I'm still here reading and all I can think of when I read this thread is what the heck are you thinking man. Never EVER post anything on the internet that you wouldn't shout off your rooftop (or in this case to your new employer). How long do you expect to be employed for if someone that works for this guy, or even the employer himself reads this site. OFC isn't a tiny little group of friends anymore, be careful.

Congrats on securing employment wormdangler! Jobs can be like that... feast or famine. I can tell you from a position of authority and experience, it always works out this way!

I fail to see how dis-arming bombs in Europe or anywhere else has anything to do with Wormdanglers question. Frankly, I getting tired of seeing threads being hijacked based on others personal agenda.

You got issues, start a thread! (Just like Peter did!)

HH

Edited by Headhunter

CaptainCanuck.jpg

Mocking a man that stands up for his country offends me.

Even when his views do not match mine.

He has still done what he considers right and his duty and I think it deserves a bit more respect.

Dara, I agree with you... to a degree.

Respect is earned. On the other hand, respect is easily lost, much easier than earning it. Being told continuously that I should have respect, really diminishes it. It's starting, IMHO to get old.

No one here has the right to tell anyone how or what to believe.

I think some are simply trying to add a little levity to the situation. It may be in bad taste to some, but others may be thinking the same thing, but are hesitant to to post.

Again... congrats on the job wormdangler!

HH

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

EI is great. I pay into it much like a pension or any other social assistance program so that it's there when i'm laid off from my contract work.

I too tire of the war-drumming in threads...Go find a war monger page...I'm sure you'll find plenty of people who believe bombs and guns will bring peace...I personally do not, and that's not disrespect, it's logic.