Sask Report

holdfast

Friday I got to the Trailer expecting to fish but once I seen that there was grass to be cut, I figured Id do it right away. Unfortunately it took me about two hours including the First two Periods of the Stanley Cup Game.

So Fishing was on hold till Saturday.

Saturday I spent the Second Half of the Day trying to get a Bite on the unnamed Lake that I had good success with last week. It was the Hottest Day of the year and the place was just loaded with Dragon Flies. It was a good outing anyways and I did indeed sweat a few pounds of pulling that canoe up hill.

So I spent a rare Sunday on Cowan Lake. This time instead of launching in town, I decided to Drive 25 Kms North and try the waters out there. Less Traffic as there is only an outfitter that is in the Area.

I decided to go with the Light Boat and the 9.9. Water was nice and Calm and I knew of a great launch just past the Provincial Boreal Forestry Border.

P6140003.jpg

P6140002.jpg

Yea, I know there are fish in this Lake.

P6140004.jpg

So I decided on using my Great Lakes Perch outfit to entice some Pike. As usual the baitcaster would be used for trolling thanks to the Line capacity it holds.

P6140009.jpg

The deepest that I found was about eight feet of water. But the entire area seemed to be eight feet. Its not a deep lake so I wonder about winter Kill. Maybe thats why all the pike seem to be the same size.

P6140006.jpg

P6140007.jpg

P6140008.jpg

It was getting late so I decided to try some Smelt that I bought at the Grocery store. So I set up my light Shakespeare spinning for some Bait-casting.

P6140010.jpg

I would keep three fish to Bring Home that I had caught on the Frozen Smelt.

P6140013.jpg

Nothing Huge, but enough bites to keep things on the up side.

I think that this week I might try the North Saskatchewan River that divides the Battlefords this week after work. You never know what I might pull out of there. Maybe even a Sturgeon.

Edited by holdfast

Yup! Great report and pics Holdie!!! :canadian::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

That Spike looks like a real Trooper when it comes to fishin'!!! B)

When was the last time I told you just how damn ugly you are? :blink:

:w00t: ... just kiddin' Bubba!!!... I think you're actually kinda cute! ;)

Edited by GCD

Yup! Great report and pics Holdie!!! :canadian::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

That Spike looks like a real Trooper when it comes to fishin'!!! B)

When was the last time I told you just how damn ugly you are? :blink:

:w00t: ... just kiddin' Bubba!!!... I think you're actually kinda cute! ;)

Second Ugliest man in NATO. On The upside, Theres gots to be one Uglier.

holdfast nice report but where are all the walleyes up there? Or you waiting till I can make it up there to get into them? :clapping:

As for the North Saskatchewan, my buddy Rob and I fished all around there last summer in his jet boat. Caught some walleyes and one goldeye. Hopefully you can find some there too.

holdfast nice report but where are all the walleyes up there? Or you waiting till I can make it up there to get into them? :clapping:

As for the North Saskatchewan, my buddy Rob and I fished all around there last summer in his jet boat. Caught some walleyes and one goldeye. Hopefully you can find some there too.

Ill probably catch Walleye next week.