Hometown was in town for some fishing

Garry2Rs

Albert Hometown was here for a couple of days and we checked out a couple of lakes.

Friday we went Musky and Perch fishing. We had one Musky hit a spinnerbait, but didn't hook-up.

There were some OOS Bass, and Albert proved that Perch will attack spinnerbaits...

010.jpg

Then he switched to his Crappie rig and put enough in the live well for a great snack, that evening.

012.jpg

Once we got home, Albert conned my nieghbour into inviting us over to watch game seven, and into cleaning all the Perch..."WOW, Could you show me how you did that again?"...and the famous ..."I'm not sure I've got this yet..." I couldn't stand to watch this charade and went to hide in shame, behind the beer fridge...HAHAHA. That evening we ate the perch and watched some of the hockey game with the neighbour's before more fishing friends arrived for dinner and drinks...

Saturday we were off with the rising sun...almost...to my favourite Crappie lake. This was a favour to me, because I wanted to check the lake out for Bass and Musky and to see if the Crappie, might have finally come back in to spawn...

We would fish for Musky in big-fish looking spots, and throw pan fish rigs in Crappie looking spots...Our incidental catch would tell me if the lake was good location to take Bass clients at the end of the month.

I had a good time test fishing with The Handyman. The Pan-fishing was okay, the Crappie weren't shallow, we had no Musky action but there were plenty of Mid-size Bass. These fish weren't big, but they were willing, so I think that this will be some place that I save for friends and relations...grin.

Best of all, it was good to spend a day with Albert that didn't involve saws and flooring...Hahaha.

We would fish for Musky in big-fish looking spots, and throw pan fish rigs in Crappie looking spots...Our incidental catch would tell me if the lake was good location to take Bass clients at the end of the month.

I had a good time test fishing with The Handyman. The Pan-fishing was okay, the Crappie weren't shallow, we had no Musky action but there were plenty of Mid-size Bass. These fish weren't big, but they were willing, so I think that this will be some place that I save for friends and relations...grin.

Okay. That's it. Load that braid on the Calcutta. I'm comin' up. Hopefully I'll have the spare spinning reel (and a few other toys) by that time so I can do a 2rr's and have one rod for every lure laying on the deck. I realize it's the sign of a man possessed but what the hey, we only pass this way once, and I plan to leave a trail of discarded toys that will be the envy of every man. :P

JF

I heard all about your weekend from Albert last night Garry. He stopped by unexpectedly and dropped off some kids rods and reels for Paul's kids fishing camp cause for his boss. That was the first time we met Albert and what a great guy. He's certainly welcome in our home anytime, so I imagine you two had a blast on the weekend.

Too bad you didn't get into the big gals, but there's always next time. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks again Albert, that was very thoughtful :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Great report Garry.

Joey

I heard all about your weekend from Albert last night Garry. He stopped by unexpectedly and dropped off some kids rods and reels for Paul's kids fishing camp cause for his boss. That was the first time we met Albert and what a great guy. He's certainly welcome in our home anytime, so I imagine you two had a blast on the weekend.

Too bad you didn't get into the big gals, but there's always next time. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks again Albert, that was very thoughtful :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Great report Garry.

Joey

Yes a good time was had by all! I did not realize you were not expectng me, as I had asked in the originial thread if it was convenient. Had you known I was coming, my heart couldn't have taken the sight of you all dolled up.....good thing for me. :whistling::rolleyes:

John, Beans does not have a good sense of balance, that is true. However, his low center of gravity does make up for it.... :oops:

Boy, Sounds like Albert had quite a weekend because after he left 2rs he dropped by here to pick up his trimmer (which I had gotten the wrong part for so it is still here). And his lawn mower (which I haden't even fixed at that point). Gave us a hand and some pointers on the shore line deck we were building, helped carrying sod, and spent quite a bit of time helping me to get our irrigation system pump up and working. At least I managed to get his lawnmower fixed and gave him some kids rods to deliver.

Thanks again Albert and I'll have that trimmer fixed by the weekend.