Shore Fishing spots in Ontario?

Breach

Ive used the almighty google, but havent been able to find a lot of shore fishing spots in Ontario that were highly spoken of. Do any lakes offer decent shore fishing? I'll fish for anything, sunfish if I have to, I just like to fish, so if anyone knows of any decent spots Id love to hear em. PM me if you'd rather not publish your spot. Im going to try the islands once bass opens up, but from what I hear it can get really busy there. Maybe some other Lake Ontario shore spots? Or, if anyone could point me towards a good resource? thanks again

Ah, my bad. I meant that I was looking for shore spots on Lake Ontario, around Toronto. I dont care about what species I am going for, I just like to fish, but I dont have a boat. Would anyone know of any ok spots that allow fishing along the shore?

Near Ontario Place for BIG pike... Ashbridges Bay, Bluffers Park, Humber Bay, Rouge River mouth...and so on

Pike, bass, panfish, trout, salmon can be had in all those locales... maybe even a walleye if yo're really LUCKY!!

yes, you need to post more info like: 1 hr drive from 401 and 404 and locations you know of so others can either post or PM you locations. any marina close to you is a good place to start... ;)

Near Ontario Place for BIG pike... Ashbridges Bay, Bluffers Park, Humber Bay, Rouge River mouth...and so on

Pike, bass, panfish, trout, salmon can be had in all those locales... maybe even a walleye if yo're really LUCKY!!

By ontario place do you mean on the lakeshore side? Or do you have to get into ontario place ground (ie. pay the entrance fee). if you fish on the lakeshore side, how exactly do you get near ontario place. Last I remember if you drive on lakeshore, the only way in is a big parking lot?

man o'man, you have lot's to pick from. Scugog for perch, crappie, walleye, musky and anything else near shore. Then you have all the TRIB's off Lake O to hit the fish in the rivers. Then you have all the small lakes that are stocked in the GTA so it's your call as to what you want to spend time on. Have you looked at the MNR site about local (to you) fishing spots?

My favorite spot is 1 hour from toronto. dumb at town of caledonia. near indian reservation area. just a few weeks ago i had 2 nice pikes from the shore..... 38'' and 40''. for me thats a nice size fish from the shore. also tons of small mouth bass, up to 4lb. ocasional nice size walleye. been going there often last year, but since i have a boat now, i stop there once a month at most, when i need sigarettes:). in that place you wont have a day with less than 10 fish landed.... bass, walleye, pike, sun fish, crappie. if you have fishing suit, you will have a beter day from the water, under the dumb.

how to get there? just type caledonia at google maps.... should be less than 90 km.

Edited by shurik